This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

For those of us who want bath bombs but are lacking in the “bath” department.

I’m sure many of you are familiar with the famous “Lush Bath bombs”: fun little balls you put into your bath to turn it all sorts of cool colors and smells. I have tried a wide variety of Lush’s products but was always sad that I never could get their bath bombs. Sadly, Bentley dorms are a bit lacking in the bath department, so I don’t have use for a bath bomb for most of the year, but believe me, I’ve been tempted.

Imagine my surprise when, out of nowhere, Lush released their new shower bombs a few months ago. Naturally, because I am a Lush addict, I went and tried one ASAP. These smaller molds come in 6 different scents and are designed specifically for people who are lacking a bath. Basically, you run it under water from the shower, they foam up into a mousse, and you use them like a body wash.

So far, I’ve tried the Koyannisqatsi shower bomb and have repurchased it once since then. While definitely not as aesthetically pleasing as a bath bomb, they live up to my Lush expectations. It smells great – definitely a bit lavender-y with some violet and light vanilla scents but it’s not too overpowering. The shower bombs must have some sort of light oil in them that acts as a bit of a moisturizer while also being a bit exfoliating as it disintegrates. I managed to get 3+ uses out of mine, not bad for $3.75! The one thing I will say is that it gets a bit less foamy with each use and that you definitely have to find a place to keep it out of the water while you’re showering or you’ll be shower bomb-less very quickly. I found that the lid of my Lush Shampoo Bar tin works just fine as a holding dish. Overall, definitely worth checking out if you are a Lush-a-holic who has been dying to use a bath bomb but face the shower dilemma.

1 / 2

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.