This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Finals can be a stressful time so it’s important to take a break from studying even it’s just for 15 minutes. Campus is holding a couple of different things on Reading Day so that you can stay focused but also take a study break when needed.

The Library 

Starting on Monday, December 9th, the library will be open 24 hours besides Friday and Saturday night. 

On Reading Day, the Library is hosting different activities throughout the day to provide a break for students. From 10am to noon, you can stop by room 101 on the bottom floor of the library to get access to OverDrive free ebooks and audiobooks. If you’re trying to write a paper and need some extra literature to support your argument, this is a great resource to use. If you just want a break to read a good book, you can also listen to one of the many audiobooks on the site. Throughout the day there will also be some relief activities including:

Study Break Beverage & Snacks

Did someone say free food? Starting at 11am, the library provides free coffee and snacks like granola bars and chips to keep you energized through the day. 

Make Your Own Buttons

From 12:30pm to 2:30pm you can go to the art gallery on the first floor and make your own buttons! You can print your own pictures or sayings to make personalized buttons or grab some of the templates they have to create buttons to show off your Bentley spirit!

Therapy Dogs

It’s hard to resist playing with two fun loving dogs. Echo and Clover are two dogs that will be stopping by the library from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. Stop by the art gallery to take a break from studying and pet these two dogs!

If you’re looking for other ways to take a break, College Kindness is hosting a de-stress paint event on Sunday the 8thfrom 11am to 1pm in the Pub! 

The Spiritual Life Center is also hosting an all-day retreat that includes three meals but you have to register ahead of time!

No matter where you decide to study this finals season, make sure you get plenty of food and sleep!

Images: 1/2

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.