skincare product in front of leaves outside
Emily Nelissen
Style > Beauty

Product Review – The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Over quarantine one of my goals was to start and keep up with a skincare routine that would benefit my sensitive skin. After doing extensive research and exploring different products and regimes, I came across a list of products that have been working for me. One product in particular has been a game changer and has become essential to my routine. This is the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum from The Ordinary. This product comes at an affordable price point and is cruelty-free and vegan, which are always positives when looking into skincare products. The Niacinamide helps with reducing sebum production on the skin which means it aids in the creation of less oil in the skin. With someone who has oily and blemish-prone skin, having this ingredient in my skincare routine has greatly decreased the frequency and severity of my breakouts and my face is overall less oily. There are also some brightening benefits that come with the product. I have seen this in my skin in terms of my face as a whole, as well as in specific spots where I have acne scarring. Overall, everyone’s skin has different needs but Niacinamide is a product that can be a good addition into almost anyone’s routine!

Sarah Donlan

Bentley '21

I am currently a senior at Bentley University, majoring in Accounting and minoring in CIS. My favorite articles to write are about makeup as well as productivity tips. 
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!