Pinterest Picks of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

The days of having our 40 minute showers without having to worry about wearing shower shoes are long gone. Nowadays, we’re lucky to score a 15 minute shower in a communal bathroom right after facilities has come and cleaned it. If you’re a girl looking for some hair hacks to restore your hair from the not-so-perfect college shower routine you’ve acquired, you’ll thank me later.

So between cramming for your GB tests, spending time shoving food in your mouth that’s from anywhere but Seasons, or catching up on the latest episode of Greys, Scandal, or Revenge that you missed last week, you might not have the proper amount of time to wash your locks. If you take one look at yourself in the mirror and are worried that someone might think that there’s still remnants of the BP oil spill all throughout the roots of your hair, grab some basic supplies and concoct yourself your very own dry shampoo! Be sure to check out Brittany Blum’s Blog for the whole low-down on ingredients and portions for this DIY recipe! Plus, washing your hair every other day or every three days is NOT a bad thing! As quoted by the infamous Kevin G, don’t let the haters stop you from doin’ your thang. After all, you’re only helping your hair preserve its natural oils!

If you’re like me, you tend to stay as far away from using your blow-dryer because of your many failed attempts of getting that perfect blowout. Instead, you’re left with hair resembling that of a lion’s mane, frizz out the wahoo, and barely any of that Victoria’s Secret Angel volume you so desperately craved. Browsing through Pinterest, I found this easy how-to on how to achieve that sexy, voluminous perfect blow-out that will bring all the boys to the yard—no milkshakes needed. The best part? This pin is only one of the 26 Lazy Girl Hairstyling Hacks. Cue Sadie Saxton’s, “You’re welcome.”

Cringing at the balance of your bank account recently? You’re not alone. Between the late night Domino’s deliveries, the Vineyard Vines flash sale, or the dinners out you so desperately needed, you’re close to broke. But, if you think your days of having silky soft hair are over because you can no longer afford your most sought after Moroccan Oil, fear not. The chart above compares your most beloved hair products with their cheaper alternatives! It’s a win win—your hair’s happy and so is your wallet.

Bentley University