Perfect Valentine’s Day Ideas for Any Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Have you recently looked at the calendar and freaked out that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and you don’t have your perfect V-day date planned? Well, have no fear because here are perfect ideas to save and splurge this Valentine’s Day.

If you’re single…

Just because you’re single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you need to spend the day curled up in your bed listening to sad songs and feeling sorry for yourself. There are plenty of fun things to do with your group of friends.

Save:

Have the ultimate girls’ day. Arm yourselves with all the nail polish, magazines and chick flicks you can find. Spend hours laughing over the dumb love advice you read or the ridiculously perfect guys in the movies and enjoy knowing that you have some great girlfriends. Once you’ve had your spa session, head over to the Anti-V-day party co-hosted by Her Campus Bentley and P.R.I.D.E (February 16th @ 8pm in the Fenway Skybox). 

Splurge:

Get dressed to the nines and head out to a restaurant or bar with all your girlfriends. Skip Skellig and go somewhere adventurous and new in Boston. Celebrate your BFF-love while scoping out all the other single people there. Who knows, maybe the person you meet this Valentine’s Day will be the person you’re with next year. ;)

[pagebreak]

If you’re dating…

Even though you have a date, Valentine’s Day may still hold dread for you when picking the perfect thing to do. We put so much pressure on having a flawless day that it can take the fun out of the holiday of love. So take a deep breath, relax and enjoy spending time with the one you love with one of these cute date ideas.

Save:

Grab your comfiest blanket and a whole basket of good food and have an indoor picnic. Nothing says romance more than feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries. Politely kick everyone else out and enjoy having the room for just the two of you. Or, if you’re looking to be more adventurous, you could even have a baking night. Not only will you have lots of fun but there will also be sweet treats at the end. 

Splurge:

Add a little twist to the classic dinner date and go to a fun or exotic place. My personal favorite is The Melting Pot where you are given fondue to share and cook your own dinner. It’s a fun place to try out and the perfect dinner date. And to finish the night off, convince him to go with you and see The Vow. Chocolate fondue and Channing Tatum? What could be better? If you guys are really looking to splurge, go all out and get a hotel room for the night. While it may be a little pricey, getting some privacy and not having to share a twin bed will be the best gift you can give to each other. 

So whether you’re going out or staying in, spending a lot or spending a little – have a great Valentine’s Day! If nothing else, it’s a great excuse to eat lots of chocolate!

Jessica is a senior at Bentley University majoring in Marketing and minoring in Computer Science. She is the co-president and editor-in-chief of the Her Campus Bentley branch and loves anything and everything Her Campus! In her spare time she enjoys reading and writing about pretty much everything.
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.