Olivia Went Home? Finally!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

For the past few weeks, we’ve been praying that Olivia would go home on The Bachelor. Olivia kept clinging on to the fact that she got the “first impression rose”, and her ego didn’t subside after Ben kept inviting her on dates… but all her screen time showed us all how evil she actually was. During every weeks rose ceremony we hoped she wouldn’t get that last rose, but yet she seemed to keep getting it.

Olivia kept insisting Ben was her “piece”, and basically everything that came out of her mouth made us cringe. She said “she wasn’t like the other girls” because she liked to read and think (talk about condescending). She talked to Ben about her insecurities after he announced a death of someone close (talk about shallow). We also can’t forget her famous “it’s like an episode of teen mom” words towards Amanda (grow up, Olivia).

I think Ben finally came to his senses this week when he sent Olivia home. I don’t know about everyone else, but I did like Olivia during the first couple episodes, in each of her shallow comments she showed her true self and let’s be real, was overly obsessed with Ben. It became clear that she was not everything we had hoped she would be. Ben brought Olivia and Emily on a 2 on 1 date and basically said that one of them would be leaving after the date. From the parts of the date that they showed, I’m sure we could all sense the tension and it seemed like one big day of awkward.

He ended the date by talking to Olivia and this is when I think we all assumed she was getting the rose. Ugh! But then Ben tells her that he doesn’t feel anything with her anymore and has to send her home and we all let out that squeal of joy! Finally, he was seeing Olivia’s true colors and we would no longer have to hear her rude comments and hear all about how she and Ben were “practically already married.” Back at the house, all the girls were so glad to finally have Olivia go home and were excited for the cocktail party because they would finally have time with Ben without getting interrupted by Olivia.

Ben then cancelled the cocktail party and held the rose ceremony without giving the girls any one-on-one time before it. It was sad to see Lauren H. go, but there are some great girls left now that Leah and Olivia went home. I know I’m already getting ready for the next episode. With how intense the previews looked, we’re going to need a lot of wine for that episode.

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.