This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

With December upon us, here are a few ways to make your makeup look stand out this holiday season.

Face

Something that I always include in my beauty routine is a highlighter, but I find it especially important in the winter time. A champagne or golden highlight is the perfect way to give you a flattering glow next to the fireplace or Christmas tree. My favorite combo at the moment has been the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight mixed with the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone.

A bronzer is also a must for the winter months. Being that most people have lost their color from the summer months, “pale” seems to be an understatement. A neutral matte bronzer can be used both to contour and warm up your face, giving it more definition and life while you spend time with friends and family for the holidays. At the moment, my favorites have been the Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer and the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.

Eyes

When it comes to eye makeup, I gravitate towards something simple but also glam. To accomplish this, I use my Lorac Pro Palette, using the shimmery champagne shade all over my lid, and then blending a matte brown into the crease to smoke it out. I’ve found that it’s the perfect amount of shadow to make a statement at a holiday party.

I also like to use a bit of eyeliner to define my eyes—but don’t want it to look harsh. To do so, I use a dark brown, rather than a harsh black, eyeliner to tight-line my upper lash line and water line. My favorite is the NYX Tres Jolie Gel Pencil Eyeliner in Brown.

Lips

A bold red lip is a MUST during the holiday season, as it can tie together any makeup look—especially when paired with the eyeshadow look mentioned above. You can go for a longer-lasting lipstick to be bold, or keep it toned down with a sheer gloss to give a subtler wash of color. My favorite red lipstick right now is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 170.

If red is too much of a statement for you, darker nudes are always flattering, and fit in well with any makeup look. My go-to nude has recently been the Wet and Wild Liquid Catsuit in Rebel Rose.

Do you have a go-to makeup look to ~sleigh~ your beauty game during the holiday season? Leave a comment below!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3

Sarah Donlan

Bentley '21

I am currently a senior at Bentley University, majoring in Accounting and minoring in CIS. My favorite articles to write are about makeup as well as productivity tips. 
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.