Style > Beauty

My Go-To Nail Colors For When You’re Not Sure What To Get

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

I LOVE getting my nails done! It hurts my wallet, but it brings me so much joy to have my nails look cute that I think it’s worth it. I like to get my nails done at the salon and get a powder dip manicure because I have a busy schedule, and this type of manicure lasts the longest. I like to keep my nails pretty short because they grow quickly, and I prefer a square shape. Here are my go-to nail colors to get if you’re not sure what color is right for you:

Light pink – light pink nails are the best because they look natural enough. When they start to grow out, it will be less noticeable than brighter colors so your manicure will look fresh for longer. Additionally, light pink nails go with everything so they will never clash with your outfit. They’re fun and cute and will add just enough pizzazz to your everyday look.

French – you can’t beat the classics, and a French manicure is about as classic as it gets. Just like with light pink, French manicures will be less noticeable when they grow out, and they will match any outfit you wear because of the neutral tone. A French manicure is stylish and professional, so you will be putting your best foot, (I mean hand), forward.

White – I love to get my nails done white, especially in the summer. White nails can make you look slightly more tan, and they have a fresh and clean vibe. These nails will match any outfit you wear since white goes with anything (if you can’t tell, I really don’t like when my nails don’t go with my outfit).

Navy Blue – This nail color is perfect for the winter months. It’s classic enough, while still adding a little bit of a different and unexpected look.

Sparkly Pink – life is too short not to include sparkles from time to time. Nothing makes me feel more absolutely FABULOUS than wearing pink glitter nails. Get them, enough said.

I am a senior at Bentley University studying Corporate Finance and Accounting. I am a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority and campus correspondent for Bentley's chapter of HerCampus. I also work as an intern at an accounting firm! When I’m not writing articles for HerCampus, you can find me in line at Dunkin’.