This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

I think the most intimate thing you can do with another person is watch Youtube with them. I can’t really put into words why I think watching Youtube is more intimate than other things, like watching a TV show or movie, but all I know is that I will only turn on my Youtube subscriptions when I’m with someone who makes me feel like I can fully let my guard down.

And sometimes I genuinely prefer Youtube over streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, etc. This is because Youtube makes me feel more intune with reality. Shows and movies (usually) only involve paid actors that are deliberating portraying a role different from themselves. However, Youtubers are (generally) authentic to their personalities and focus on making a connection with their viewers. Here are three of my favorite Youtubers that you should totally check out!

Mia Maples

My favorite Youtuber for the past few years has been Mia Maples. Mia is a twenty-something year old living in Canada with a knack for baking, decorating, and DIY anything. I love tuning into her videos to find out about the latest beauty products and watch her test different items with a 100% honest review. From viral TikTok products to home improvement hacks, Mia’s channel has a little bit of everything – leaving viewers excited for what she’s going to review next. An added bonus to Mia’s channel is her family – particularly her mom – who constantly make appearances and will sometimes be the subject of her videos. I’ve found myself binge watching Mia’s videos before and the way that she creates a safe space on her channel makes her videos the perfect comfort watch.

Rhett and Link from Good Mythical Morning

Started by two childhood best friends, Good Mythical Morning is a true production that entertains its viewers with interesting challenges and funny ideas. Starring in every video Monday through Friday, Rhett and Link have truly done it all. From trying extremely spicy peppers to trying to describe each other’s identities to a sketch artist, there is a video for everyone on Good Mythical Morning. Similar to Mia Maples, Rhett and Link create a very cozy and wholesome atmosphere on their channel while still leaving their viewers laughing by the end of their videos. Coupled with their other projects like tours, books, albums, and podcasts, Rhett and Link are seemingly some of the most successful Youtubers out there.

Safiya Nygaard

First discovered on Buzzfeed, Safiya Nygaard has become a household name on Youtube. Her outrageous ideas have landed her on the trending page several times – and for good reasons. Famous for mixing different things like makeup, candy, and candles, Safiya’s channel takes every idea to the extreme and succeeds at answering our constant curiosity. Some of Safiya’s notable adventures include going to a cheese theme park in Japan, trying every restaurant on the Vegas strip, and staying the night at an underwater hotel. With the amount of research and preparation each video requires, Safiya’s videos never disappoint and often end up – deservingly – on the trending page as well.

Who are your favorite Youtubers?

Hi everyone! My name is Banmai Huynh and I am from Chelmsford, MA. I'm a Corporate Finance and Accounting major at Bentley University in Waltham, MA and I’m the President of our Her Campus Chapter. I joined Her Campus because I think it's a great creative outlet for college students. I like writing about my personal experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks for reading!