This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

In college, each week comes with a large to-do list including classes, homework, meetings for clubs and activities, and many more unexpected events that pop up. When it is finally the weekend, it sometimes seems like there is not enough time to recharge and also accomplish things you need to do before the next week begins. Here are some tips on how to maximize your weekends. 

• Make a To-Do List and Prioritize Tasks: making a to-do list at the beginning of the weekend can help you organize your thoughts and make the tasks you have to complete over the weekend seem more manageable. 

• Do Some Cleaning at the Beginning of the Weekend: the weekends are a time where you most likely have more time to clean, but it can be daunting when you have to do it all at once. Doing small things at the beginning of the weekend such as washing dishes and vacuuming can make it easier later in the weekend to finish cleaning more efficiently. 

• Work on Schoolwork Throughout the Weekend Instead of Saving it All Until Sunday: after studying and working on homework or projects throughout the week, it can be tempting to put off all homework already piled up for the next week until Sunday night, but in the long run this can create more stress. Picking a few assignments to start or work on during Friday and Saturday can help to minimize the Sunday Scaries. 

• Spend Time With Friends Both On and Off Campus: spending time with friends and those you care about when you can is important. It is fun to go off campus to shop, eat, or go for a walk, but it can also be enjoyable to spend time together while both working on homework or watching Netflix. 

• Take Enough Time to Care for Yourself: self-care is important and during the week there is not always an adequate amount of time for the care we need. Taking time on the weekends to exercise, eat healthy, get enough sleep and even spend some time alone can be beneficial to your well-being and help you recharge for the week ahead. 

Image: 1

Sarah Donlan

Bentley '21

I am currently a senior at Bentley University, majoring in Accounting and minoring in CIS. My favorite articles to write are about makeup as well as productivity tips. 
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.