Lynne Johanson, Administrative Assistant of Service Learning and Coordinator of Alternative Spring Break

Lynne Johanson is one of the many friendly faces you will see in the Service Learning office. She is kind and her door is always open and there if you need to talk. I have the pleasure of going on Alternative Spring Break with her as well as spending time in the Service Learning office. Lynne is an incredible woman on this campus and someone everyone should try to meet her. Read more below to learn about Lynne!

HC: What is your official job at Bentley?

Administrative Assistant of Service Learning and Coordinator of Alternative Spring Break

HC: How did you get involved in Bentley’s program?

I started working here in 1996 as a temporary receptionist in Continuing Education.  I was hired full time in January of 1997 and shortly after that I met Jeanette MacInnes in the Bentley Service-Learning Center (BSLC).   After talking to her and hearing the passion she had for the students and the work that was going on in this department, I knew that is where I wanted to be. At that time they had a position that was half time with the BSLC and half time with another department.  I have worked in many areas of the school along with the BSLC, including the modern language department, social science, IDCC, and also worked as the Program Director with the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic here at the University.  Eventually, the BSLC position became full time and I had to make a decision and I chose to stay with the BSLC.

HC: How long have you been working here?

I have been here over 17 years.

HC: Where have you worked prior to Bentley?

When I graduated I worked with the Trans National Travel Company before we started our family.  After that I have worked with many direct sales companies. 

Pages