Mizzou in the winter
Mizzou in the winter
Original photo by Julia Canellis

Living Your Best Winter Life This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Visit Bryant Park in new york city 

Winter Village in Bryant Park is finally open for the season! If you ever find yourself in New York City this winter, this is definitely a spot to check off your winter bucket list. Some popular attractions include: renting an igloo for lunch/dinner, holiday shopping at the local shops, and ice skating. This is an amazing place to hang out with friends and family for the day, without having to travel to various places. Since everything is located within the “village” there are many different spots to hit.

Watch a play/christmas show

While you’re at it, New York City offers tons of fun life experiences. Broadway plays are a great way to get the family together, after a day spent outside in the city. Some of the must-watch shows include Wicked, Hamilton, The Book of Mormon, etc. If not a play, then The Rockettes are a great performance to hit watch with the family. Their dance skills are unmatched, and are sure to bring you joy this holiday season! 

Ice Skate in Rockefeller center

Ice skating has always brought me Christmas time nostalgia and is something I look forward to during the winter season. Although winter village offers free admission for ice skaters this winter, ice skating in Rockefeller Center is a distinguishable experience. The great thing about ice skating with friends during the winter season is that there is no need for experience. Just being together (and falling on the ice) brings about good laughs and fun memories to look back on. 

Visit the Rockefeller Center christmas tree 

Christmas trees have always brought me an instant feeling of happiness and gratitude. Looking upon the twinkling lights on the tall standing tree is sure to bring back that holiday spirit we all look forward to at the end of the year. The Rockefeller Christmas tree is not a sight to be missed. Looking upon the thousands of lights wrapped around every inch of the tree is something unmatched If not the Rockefeller Christmas tree, handpicking your own Christmas tree and decorating it brings just as much, if not more, holiday spirit.

Go skiing in Vermont

Vermont is by far my favorite place to visit during the winter season. Since this state is considered to be one of the most recognized for its beautiful winters, there are various places to go skiing, snow tubing, and snowboarding. It is most recognized for the various slopes, on a variety of mountains that range from bunny hills to double black diamonds. I have visited the Okemo Mountain Resort, Killington Ski Area, and have heard great things about Stratton, VT. These resorts are all-inclusive with any winter activities you can think of, and while you’re at it, there is always a waffle cabin that offers hot chocolate!

Take a moment for self-care 

Among all of the fun activities we can do outside, sometimes it is best to take a step back and treat ourselves. Whether that be through some online shopping therapy, or staying at home in your cozy bed, it is during these cold, winter months that we must assess ourselves in every aspect. We often get caught up in our day-to-day routines filled with work, studying, more work, and sports, that we forget to take care of our mental and physical well-being. So take some time this season to sip on a glass of hot chocolate while laying in bed watching a Christmas movie. Even putting on a face mask, taking a bath, and giving social media a break will allow you to fully recover and rejuvenate. 

Hi my name is Dariana! I am a Senior at Bentley this year with a major in Economics-Finance and a minor in IDCC. I am a member of the swim team here at Bentley, and a member of SAAC on campus. This year I am interested in building on my experience with writing and building a close circle of girls that share the same belief in empowering women! I love to write about anything under the sun that pertains to life advice. In my free time I love to travel, and since I am a BIG foodie, I love trying new foods anywhere I visit.