Links We Love 12.6.13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Happy December, Ladies! I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with tons of food, laughter and love just like mine. I know, for me, spending the day with family and close friends truly brought to light the many blessings in my life. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season!

With that said, I’m anxious to get through these next few weeks and head home for Christmas. I can’t wait to put this semester behind me and begin my holiday preparations. But, unfortunately, these papers won’t write themselves. It’s time throw on my yoga pants and get serious about finals!

Since I’m sure I’m not the only one with a rough finals week ahead, I’ve put together a special finals survival guide for you ladies this week. It’s complete with the perfect mix of study tips and Christmas-themed posts to provide you the inspiration necessary to finish the semester strong. And, of course, I’ve included a couple fun links for when you need a nice study break!

Good Luck on Finals, Collegiettes!

Holiday Gift Guides

With Thanksgiving so late in the semester, my holiday schedule is all thrown off. Usually I would have most of my Christmas shopping done by now. But, this year, I have barely even started. Luckily, my favorite blogger, Emily, compiles Christmas Gift Guides every year. Her guides save you the hassle of toggling between multiple websites to compare gift options. She also customizes each list to a specific price point, so it’s easy to stay within your budget. This year, she even recruited her hubby to make a men’s gift guide. I often struggle to find the perfect gifts for the special men in my life, so I’m super excited to check out his suggestions!

Men’s Gift Guide 2013

Gift Guide 2013 – $100 and Under

Gift Guide 2013 – $25 and under

[pagebreak]

15 Things Every Woman Should Have

This is the perfect article to read when you need an excuse to push off studying a little bit longer. Who doesn’t love a nice procrastination tool? I found this post by Harper’s Bazaar insightful, and oddly-empowering. Sometimes it’s nice to remind ourselves of the strength we hold as women, especially when we live on a campus that is over-crowded with males. Take a couple minutes to read this list— it will leave you feeling confident and ready to dominate your final exams!

[pagebreak]

Healthy Study Snacks

It’s scientifically proven that you can’t have a successful finals week without brain food. I don’t know about you ladies, but once my stomach starts growling, my motivation to study goes out the window and I can’t focus on anything besides my next meal. An empty stomach always leaves me irritable and grouchy, which is never ideal during a late night cram session.

I find that I typically encounter these problems when I fail to plan out my snacks; if I let myself get too famished, the Hangry Monster rears its head, which inevitably leads to me taking out my frustrations on the poor souls at my library table. Then, I end up mindlessly raiding the library vending machine and, two hours later, I realize that I’ve managed to pound two packages of Reese’s, and alienate everyone around me. Meanwhile, I have yet to review one chapter of notes.

In order to avoid this ugly chain of events, I’ve decided to plan out my snacks ahead of time this semester. This list of snacks from Teen Vogue is filled with quick-and-easy snack ideas to get you through those late-night study sessions. They are all healthy and balanced, too, which will ensure you don’t have a post-sugar crash!

[pagebreak]

Here are some of my other favorite links that will be useful during finals week:

Cute, Comfy Outfits to Wear to the Library

Five Minute Hairstyles for Busy Mornings

What to Eat Before an Exam

The 33 Stages of Finals Week

Happy Studying! HCXO

Bentley University Class of 2014
Bentley University