Katrina DeFrancesco, ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Name:
Katrina DeFrancesco
Graduation Year: 2013
Hometown: Shelton, CT
Campus Involvements: President of the Women’s Center, The Falcon Society, Head Resident Assistant, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theater Society, Women’s Leadership Floor Mentor

Her Campus Bentley: So I’ve heard that you’re an HRA – what does that mean? How is it different from a normal RA and what do you like most about being an HRA?

Katrina DeFrancesco: I see being an HRA as similar to a team captain. There’s one HRA for each RA staff to act as a resource and support system, as well as be a liaison between the RAs and the Residence Life Staff. There are other more administrative responsibilities that go along with the role, but it’s super rewarding. I love working with my staff, the RAs of Rhodes, Collins, and the Boylstons. They make this job a ton of fun and keep me motivated!

HCB: How did you first get involved with the Women’s Center? How can people get involved now if they want to be a member?

KF: I first got involved as a general member during my freshman year, after performing in The Vagina Monologues, which is one of the Women’s Center’s many events throughout the year. I became the Vice President of Marketing as a sophomore, and my involvement on the executive board naturally grew from there! The Women’s Center has weekly general meetings that are open to all students every Monday during the 2:10 Activity Period. Our Center is now located on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, in the former Bentley Bubble. The Center is also open during regular business hours if you’d like to stop by and check out the space, which includes a TV, couches, and an extensive library!

HCB: What has been your favorite memory as the Bentley Women’s Center President?

KF: Last Spring, I had the opportunity to direct our production of The Vagina Monologues. Though it had nothing to do with my role as President, I had the unique experience of being involved with the show from both the organizational and creative perspectives. I was able to combine my passions for the arts and women’s empowerment and share that with my cast and a whole audience of people. It was an incredible feeling to see all of my hard work pay off!

HCB: Your internship at Dunkin Donuts sounds pretty awesome. What’s your favorite flavor of DD coffee and Baskin Robbins ice cream?

KF: It IS awesome! I’m on a huge pumpkin kick right now, and I’m dying to try Dunkin’s new Pumpkin White Chocolate flavor. In the meantime, I’m drinking Mocha Almond Swirl lattes, or any concoction I make up myself! My favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor is Blueberry Cheesecake. They don’t have it in the office very often, but when they do, I’m tempted to take a whole tub or two!

HCB: What’s your favorite thing about interning at Dunkin?

KF: I honestly love everything about my internship. I’m excited to go to work every single day, because I know I’m going to be doing something fun that is actually significant to the company. My primary role is on the Social Media team, so a lot of the posts you see on the Dunkin’ Donuts Facebook page are actually written by me! Seeing your post reach 20,000+ “likes” from passionate Dunkin’ fans is really wild. That feeling of knowing you executed something really well that a lot of fans feel connected to is absolutely priceless.

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.