It’s the Holiday Season on ABC Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Hello there ladies! It’s after Thanksgiving now and you know what time of year it is? It’s time for ABC family’s 25 days of Christmas countdown! This magical time of year begins on December 1st and ends on Christmas Day (December 25th) with each day a new holiday movie premiere. But, 25 days’ worth of movies is a lot of TV watching. So here a girl’s guide for what to watch this winter:

Monday, December 1st:

6pm/5c- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

8pm/7c- Elf

This is a great day to watch. Everyone’s favorite giant elf, who gets lost in one of biggest cities in the world, followed by an American classic. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation was an iconic film from 1989 featuring a goofy family trying to celebrate the holidays. These movies are a great back to back feature and each premier on the countdown again.

Tuesday December 2nd

8pm/7c- The Santa Clause

Tim Allen played the jolliest Santa Claus there ever was. The funny man and his new found Santa Claus powers premiers on the second night of this infamous countdown.

Wednesday December 3rd

9pm/8c- The polar Express

Every child’s dream to meet Santa Clause is playing the first Wednesday of the countdown. This movie features jolly tunes and the famous voice of Tom Hanks.

Friday December 5th

8pm/7c- Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Dr. Seuss’ classic is entering the countdown on the first Friday night of the month. Grab your ladies and stay in to watch this all-time classic while singing “Where are You Christmas?”. This classic film will also play numerous other times throughout the month.

Friday December 12th

9:30pm/8:30c – Miracle on 34th Street

This oldie originally premiered in 1947, and the revisal in 1994, featuring the same little girl from Matilda. This little girl keeps the viewers drawn into the movie and makes the ending just fabulous; if you haven’t seen this movie, do yourself a favor and watch it!

Tuesday December 16th

8:30pm/7:30c- Home Alone

The first of the three Home Alone movies premieres this night.  Little Kevin gets left at home when his family goes on their family vacation for Christmas and he has to fend off two burglars. If you favor the second or third movie, this is your official warning that they will be on only during the day and not during prime time this year.

Sunday December 21st / Monday December 22nd

All day long Holiday Movie Marathon!

Wednesday December 24th

7pm/6c- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

Again this holiday classic is on our countdown. This Christmas Eve, grab the entire family and sit around and watch another dysfunctional family try to go on a Christmas vacation.

Thursday December 25th

7pm/6c- Elf

Everyone’s favorite elf ends the countdown on Christmas Day.  

Hey all my name is Claudia Holub. I am currently a senior at Bentley university. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, listening to country music and going on runs!