This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s a brand new school year, and it’s time to step up that study game and improve your GPA! Whether your GPA is a 2.7 or a 3.98, there’s always room for improvement (unless you have a 4.0!). Here are some tips for how you can improve your GPA:

Go to Your Professor’s Office Hours:

Some professors directly count office hours into the participation part of your grade, while others simply like to see that their students are putting in effort. Either way, letting your professor know that you need help and that you genuinely care about their class is a sure way to improve your grade!

Study More, Party Less:

While college is certainly a time to have fun, don’t forget what you came for: an education! Spending a little less time partying will pay off in the end (really!).

Ask Your Friends and Classmates for Help:

We all have that one friend. The friend who always gets a 4.0. The friend who is so smart it’s annoying. The friend who understands all the material even when the professor speaks in a super thick accent at lightning speed about a subject you can’t even begin to comprehend. Asking that friend or one of your other smart classmates for help is nothing to be ashamed of! In fact, they’ll probably be honored that you trust them to help you. And if a cute guy sits in front of you in a class you need help in, there certainly would be no harm in asking for his number so you can contact him if you have any questions…

Get a Tutor:

If asking the cute boy in your class for help didn’t work, try taking advantage of the resources that your school offers and get a tutor. Tutors can focus on the areas you are struggling in and can give you tips on ways to improve.

Take Better Notes in Class:

Maybe sleeping in class isn’t the best idea…or doodling in your notebook…or looking at your phone under the desk… Try taking thorough notes all class, and you will be surprised how much better you learned the material as well as how much easier it will be to study for the test!

Go to Class!

It seems rather obvious, but if you are skipping class and then wondering how to improve your GPA, here is a suggestion for you: go to class!

I am a senior at Bentley University with a major in marketing. I plan to go to law school after finishing my undergrad.
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.