Holiday Season Must Sees

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s that time of year again….the holiday season! Along with the season comes plenty of new movie releases and I’ve scoped out new releases for everyone’s taste.

For the Action Lover

Skyfall, the new James Bond movie, has already been released and received awesome reviews from critics and fans alike. Bond fans are saying it’s one of their favorites and let’s be honest, who wouldn’t want to watch Daniel Craig kick some butt?

For the History Buff

Lincoln, one of the US’s most iconic presidents, is featured in this Steven Spielberg film starring Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln. Although the movie is historical fiction, this dramatic film has many elements of truth included and truly taps into Lincolns hardships faced during the Civil War and throughout his presidency. 

[pagebreak]

For the Comedian

This Is 40 hits the theaters on December 21 and is definitely a must see as it is being called the “sort of sequel to Knocked Up” which we all know is utterly hilarious. The film taps into the humor associated with turning 40 and how it affects your typical American family. 

For the Series Junkie

The highly anticipated Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part Two has already been released and is a major box office hit! If you haven’t followed the series thus far, have a friend fill you in because this is a film you won’t want to miss. 

[pagebreak]

For the Artsy Ones

Les Miserables, the world famous musical based on Victor Hugo’s novel set in 19th-century France is being released on Christmas Day this year. This musical happens to be one of my favorites, so I would definitely recommend checking out the film. It’s stacked cast of Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, and Sacha Baron Cohen will definitely not disappoint. 

Bentley University Class of 2016
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.