This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Earth Day is a special day to honor our planet and all it does for us. Bentley has such a beautiful campus and there is so much you can do to enjoy the day, so grab a friend and enjoy!

Hang out on the Green Space

Both the upper and lower green spaces are great places to spend the afternoon. Bring a blanket and your laptop to get some studying down or take a study break and play some spike ball. Either way, you’re bound to have a great time. Pro tip: take advantage of the grills! Bring some food and get cooking.

Visit a Local Farmer’s Market

Wilson’s Farm is a great place for shopping local and picking up fresh produce. They offer tons of local fruits and veggies, bakery items and much more. Their nursery is also beautiful and they sell many different types of seeds, flowers and plant varieties. Not to mention, their grounds are so beautiful and a great place to walk around and take some photos.

Go for a Walk with Friends

Walking is a great way to get exercise and to get outside. There are so many awesome places in Waltham to walk and my roommates love getting to explore parts of the city. Prospect Hill Park and Stonehurst right by campus are wonderful.

Enjoy a Plant-Based Meal

It is way better for the planet to eat plant based foods because they emit significantly less greenhouse gas emissions. Try some veggie tacos, plant-based burgers, or pasta to give back to the Earth on this special day.

Lily Buhler

Bentley '22

I am a Junior at Bentley University majoring in Management with a Concentration in HR. During my free time you can catch me reading a book, watching TV, or spending time with my friends and family!
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!