This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Let’s be honest, if you are a college student, you are most likely living on a budget. You don’t have extra money lying around to splurge on expensive makeup. Even if you did, would you want to? I mean, who would rather spend money on makeup than some comfy sweats or a pumpkin spice latte?

Still, we want to look presentable. Even if we might opt for sweats most days, there are times when we want to look cute. When going to parties, we wear makeup to look good. We also put on makeup when we have interviews. It makes us look more professional and put together. 

Since we only wear makeup on occasion, it’s not the best idea to spend too much money on it. In any case, we want our makeup to be of good quality and last us through the day.

I have compiled a list of drugstore makeup that is not only super affordable, I myself have tested it! This makeup is sure to last you through the day and make sure you look stunning the whole time.

Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime

$10.79

This primer is sure to leave you with a smooth finish so that the foundation sits seamlessly on your face.

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation

$7.99

The Fit Me! Foundation has been recommended as the top drug store foundation by our favorite YouTube beauty vloggers. It leaves your face with a matte, not cakey, finish.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

$7.99

The Fit Me concealer is the closest thing to a dupe for the Nars concealer, which is known to be amazing. This drugstore dupe does not disappoint.

Almay Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder

$14.79

This loose powder is great to use for setting your foundation and covering any imperfections that are not fully covered by the foundation.

Rimmel Natural Bronzer

$6.59

Living on the east coast, we don’t get a lot of sun, especially during the academic year. The Rimmel Natural Bronzer will leave you with a natural glow, even when the sun can’t.

Wet n Wild Dual-Ended Contour Stick

$5.99

Use this dual-ended contour stick to make your already beautiful jawline, nose, and cheeks pop!

Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder

$5.79

The Wet n Wild Highlighting Powder will make you shine bright like a diamond! Trust me, you’ll be the star of the party.

LA Girl Pro Setting HD Finish Spray Matte

$4.99

Combined with setting powder, this setting spray will make sure your makeup lasts through the entire day, even through you dancing at a party.

LA Girl Just Blushing Powder

$5.29

Give yourself a natural blushing look using this amazing blush powder from LA Girl. No need to pinch your cheeks anymore.

L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

$11.99

The Lash Paradise mascara is an amazing dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. It doesn’t leave your lashes clumpy or spider-like. Glides on super smooth and makes your eyes pop!

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quads

$4.49

This is a nice, small nude palette perfect to use in college. It has four shades of nude. You can use a mix of the four to come up with a great eye look for any occasion, day or night.

Ardell Wispies 700

$4.99

The Ardell Wispies are great wispy fake lashes that will give your eyes a natural like and will not make you look like you are wearing cheap lashes.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick

$9.29

Give your lips a perfect pouty look by using this lipstick. It keeps your lips nourished and moisturized the whole day.

Purchase these drugstore makeup pieces and see for yourself. And, with all the money you save, treat yourself to a latte from Starbucks!

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my article :) A little about me: I'm a junior majoring in accounting at Bentley University with a minor in law and psychology. My interests are all over the place, which is why I chose to study topics that include math, literature, and science. I love learning new things and sharing them with people, and this platform allows me to do so. I write articles that I believe will be helpful to others. I hope you enjoy my articles!
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!