coffee and chocolate cake
coffee and chocolate cake
Original photo by Ruka Saito

Fall Starbucks Menu Review You Need to Hear (You’re Welcome)

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As September slowly but surely comes to an end, fall is approaching us. My favorite season of the year: breezy evenings blow the colorful leaves that turn on the trees, and we can’t help but *fall* for the cozy but adorable knitted sweaters and knee-high boots that become a fashion. Not to mention, the anticipation of Thanksgiving is at the tips of our fingers, which means… Black Friday Sales, which means… Christmas… okay, maybe I am going too far with this. I can’t help but get giddy over the holiday season!

Anyways, the Starbucks menu released their fall drink edition series, and for those who aren’t the Dunkin’ Lovers and want to know the scoop on the Starbucks drinks, you’re in luck because I tried these out and am here; to give you a review!

Pumpkin Spice Latte

The pumpkin spice latte is combined with a signature shot of espresso and steamed milk, pumpkin, nutmeg, and clove. The second I sipped on this coffee, It felt like my taste buds were rolling in autumn leaves. This not-so-sweet but flavorful drink gives me nostalgia with warm, seasonal memories from growing up. The Pumpkin Spice Latte is a perfect yet soothing “wake-me-up” and a significant mood boost to feeling the spirit of fall.

Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew

If you are the type of coffee drinker that loves everything sweet, this drink is the one for you. This drink is crafted with Starbucks Cold Brew and coated with many syrups: vanilla, pumpkin cream cold foam, and pumpkin spice topping. I like my coffee black with no sugar, no cream, and hot instead of cold, so this is not a fan favorite; however, I know people who have a sweet tooth and find this drink satisfying.

Also, a pro-tip for ordering your coffee drinks cold: ask for less ice! That way, you are getting more of the “bang” for your “buck,” with more liquid as opposed to ice.

Pumpkin Scone

I like the scone, but if I were to give it a rating, it would be a solid 7/10, and here’s why: again, I am not the biggest fan of sugary treats, and this pumpkin scone is topped with sweet icing. Whereas the blueberry scone at Starbucks does not, and as a scone-lover, I like to dunk my scones in my hot coffee. With the icing, it gets into my drink and offsets the taste. Dipping aside, however, can be a delicious treat if you are in the mood for something sweet!

Pumpkin Loaf

Hands down the best loaf in town, pumpkin loaf is a gently spiced bread that can satisfy a craving and a great snack that can hold you over until dinner. I went to target and ordered this bread, and it kept my appetite for up to two hours. It is more delicious if you ask for them to heat it in their oven.

Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am a senior at Bentley, pursuing a degree in Marketing and a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. I am also on the swim team, swimming sprint free. I love writing personal experience articles and reviews on stores and products.