Kayla Bacon-Love Your Melon Group
Kayla Bacon-Love Your Melon Group
Kayla Bacon / Her Campus

Fall Essentials – Beauty, Food, and Lifestyle!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Get in the fall mood!

Beauty: 

• Dark lipstick- When getting ready for a night out or a holiday party, a dark lipstick can add more dimension to your makeup look and instantly adds an autumn-like touch. 

• Dark nail polish- It is always fun to switch up your nail color for each season, and fall calls for dark colors. My favorites have been deep reds or navy blues. 

• Gold toned eyeshadow: Metallic tones are a staple for the fall, gold being one of my favorite colors to put all over the eyelid in most of my fall makeup looks

• Brown eyeliner- Adding eyeliner to the tight line or lash line is a way to instantly add dimension to your eyes. At times black can be harsh and I have found that using a dark brown is softer while still making your eyes stand out. 

Food:

• Pumpkin spice creamer/coffee- Once fall starts, one of the best ways to get in an autumn mood is to drink coffee and be productive. Pumpkin flavored coffees and creamers whether made at a coffee shop or at home add festivity to your drink. 

• Pumpkin and apple recipes- Baking is an activity that seems to be most appropriate during the fall and winter months. Pumpkin and apple flavored recipes are some of the best to bake when you want a taste of fall. 

• Hot chocolate- A staple drink for the fall months is hot chocolate. Whether plain with whipped cream or marshmallows in it, or possibly flavored (pumpkin and caramel are the best), hot chocolate is an essential for the fall season. 

• Candy- Halloween is a holiday where it is acceptable to eat all the candy you want, but why limit it to one day? Having candy around your room lets you have something sweet whenever you feel like you need it and is easy to share with friends. 

Lifestyle

• Cozy blankets- A must-have when the weather starts to cool down is a comfy blanket you can use when watching Netflix or Halloween specials. 

• Fall playlist- With each new season it can be beneficial to create a new playlist and listen to some songs out of your normal taste to get you in the mood for the darker and colder months to come. 

• Decorations- Even adding a few pumpkins or cozy lights to your room is enough to change the mood of your environment and make it feel more like fall. I also added fall clings to my window and they add a fall feel to my bedroom. 

• Cute mugs- When drinking your hot chocolate or pumpkin coffee, a cute and fall-themed mug is a must have. You can never have too many mugs and it’s easy to find a new one for every season at places like Marshall’s or Target without breaking the bank. 

Sarah Donlan

Bentley '21

I am currently a senior at Bentley University, majoring in Accounting and minoring in CIS. My favorite articles to write are about makeup as well as productivity tips. 
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.