jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

When a new season rolls around, we all look for new ways to switch up our beauty routines with seasonal updates. With fall just beginning, here are some things you change in your everyday beauty routine as you get ready for brisk air and sweater weather:

Moisturizer

Though it’s important to moisturize year-round, the air gets particularly dry when fall is upon us—and using a good moisturizer is essential for your beauty routine. My go-to moisturizer is the Olay all in one that has sunscreen, which helps keep your face protected during every season.

Dark Lipstick

This can be anywhere from berry, to red, to darker-nude hues. Adding a dark lip color to any makeup look automatically gives it an autumnal aura. I tend to go for a matte or satin lip finish during the fall; a few of my favorites include the Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Lust for Blush, and Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in both Magic Wand and Frick n Frack.

Matte Blush

Adding a matte blush to your makeup look gives the cheeks a perfect fall flush—especially when using deep berry tones. My go-to has recently been the Milani Flower Blush in Romantic Rose or the Essence blush in Satin Love.

Highlighter

In my opinion, highlighter is perfect for any season, but especially in the colder months, highlighter can give you a glow that you have been lacking from being out of the sun for so long. My favorite high-end highlighter at the moment is Becca and Jaclyn Hill’s Champagne Pop—and at the drugstore, the Essence Pure Nude Highlighter in Be My Highlight is one of my all-time favorites.

Metallic Eye Shadow

Bolder makeup is a tried-and-true fall trend; adding a pop of metallic gold or bronze to an eye look makes your eyes pop, giving new dimension to any look. I have always been a fan of the original Naked palette from Urban Decay—and a newer addition to my collection is the Juvia’s Place Masquerade palette, which has a great assortment of warm metallic shades as well as bright hues.

Images: Cover Image / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9

Sarah Donlan

Bentley '21

I am currently a senior at Bentley University, majoring in Accounting and minoring in CIS. My favorite articles to write are about makeup as well as productivity tips. 
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.