Essential Winter Accessories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Sometimes it’s hard to think of cute accessories when you’re freezing, but it’s that time of the year! As it gets colder and colder, make sure you have the essentials in your closet that will make you stand out from the crowd, keep yourself warm, and look trendy – all at the same time! Every collegiette should know which accessories to wear in order to survive the long, cold winter and look stylish in the process. I’m sure you know which accessories are essential for the coming season, but go for a more chic and stylish look if you haven’t already! Here are some winter must-haves that you’ll love: 

Gloves

A great pair of gloves is just what you need for those days of freezing temperatures. Choose breathable lining that will keep you warm but will not bulk you up. Camel, taupe, or black leather gloves are a wise choice for any occasion, as they are timeless and classic. A nice pair of gloves may be pricey, but investing in one is a smart thing to do if you’re going for classy and practical. 

[pagebreak]

Infinity Scarf

Add another layer to your winter outfit with the perfect scarf! Infinity scarves are really trendy, and they give you a double layer of warmth at the same time. Infinity scarves are a must-have: no need to worry about 20 different ways to wear them, but they still look fashionable. If you’re in for a bold statement, try the oversized infinity scarves: cozy and definitely a fashion statement!

[pagebreak]

Braided Headband

Hats, beanies, and earmuffs may still look cute, but knit braided headbands are the new head winter accessory. They even serve multiple purposes! Knit headbands give you the warmth you need for your head and ears, while making you look stylish with their all-but-ordinary headband look. You can choose from different widths and colors to match your outfit and occasion. 

[pagebreak]

Boots

Finding the perfect pair of boots can be a challenging task. They’ll keep your feet dry and warm through the whole season, so make sure you choose the right ones. The right pair of boots can be paired with almost anything, and you can never go wrong with black and neutral colors. For warmer days, you can choose to wear knee-high or over-the-knee leather boots. For true winter days, you can even take a risk and wear some fur that will surely keep your feet warm. You might also want to be prepared for those nights out, so having at least a pair of cute high-heel ankle booties is a smart choice!

[pagebreak]

Coat

Go big or go home? Oversized coats are a trend this season. While giving you a more relaxed look, exaggerated-size coats make you look chic and keep you warmer. However, many collegiettes are reluctant to go for this bold look. A slimmer version of a coat is always trendy, so don’t worry if you don’t feel comfortable wearing an oversized outer layer. There are several types of coats that serve their purpose while making you look chic, and while neutral colors are always a save choice, try to add in some color this winter!

Bentley University Class of 2015Candidate for BS in Corporate Finance and AccountingLiberal Studies Major in Global Perspectives
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.