Essential Valentine’s Day Playlist Part 2: Songs if You’re in Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

1. Little Things – One Direction

These five totally handsome and talented gentlemen can make girls’ hearts melt with this song. If you dig accents, you’ll love them even more. Along with “Little Things,” these boys know how to get girls to fall in love with them with their other lovey-dovey song “What Makes You Beautiful” – Oh la la.

2. Enchanted- Taylor Swift

We all know Taylor Swift for her totally spot on break up songs, but surprisingly this girl also knows how to write awesome love songs. It’s those love songs of hers that put you in that amazingly good mood.

3. I Do- Colbie Caillat

Who doesn’t love Colbie Caillat? Her bubbly, upbeat happy songs are perfect for dancing around and being all goofy with the one you love or even with your friends! Her other popular songs like “Bubbly” and “Fallin’ For You” are also a must to add to your Valentine’s Day playlist.

4. Love on Top – Beyoncé

The talented and flawless Beyoncé has such passionate songs that make you love love even more. We all know her and Jay Z cannot be any more of a perfect couple, so I think it’s accurate to say she definitely knows how to write a love song. Another good song that can never get old – “Crazy in Love.”

5. Some Kind of Wonderful – Michael Bublé

If you had to choose a guy who has a voice that could just sing you to sleep in the happiest state of mind, Michael Bublé is that guy. Musically talented in the swing and jazz genre, his songs were definitely aimed to be incredibly romantic.

6. Better Together- Jack Johnson 

Valentine’s Day is a day to be thankful for the one you love. Things are just always better when you can spend your time with someone that you care about. This is the perfect song to listen to when you are thinking about how special your times are when you are with that special someone. Another love song that is a must to listen to by Jack Johnson is “Do You Remember.”

7. God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton

What kind of Valentine’s Day playlist would it be without the one and only Blake Shelton?! He always knows how to express his feelings in his songs, this song being one of the best. You can’t help but think, wow, Miranda Lambert is a lucky woman when listening to this incredibly romantic song.

8. Just the Way You Are- Bruno Mars

This song is basically spot on when expressing your views of the person you are with. So many relationships today put pressure on people to change who they are as a person. Loving someone just the way they are is a special thing and people should appreciate it more.  

9. Lucky- Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat

So many people dream to have that special someone on Valentine’s Day and this song expresses the feelings someone should have when they find that special someone…lucky.

10.  My Boo – Usher ft. Alicia Keys

This song is definition of a throwback. This oldie but goodie is the song to listen to when thinking about your valentine. This song describes the perfect relationship to be in and is relatable when you have found that special someone.

Sources:

http://weheartit.com/entry/10026244/via/Charlttte

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/blake-shelton-miranda-lambert-other-hot-country-couples-2012-cmas_n_2063872.html

http://popdust.com/2012/12/21/beyonce-jay-z-love-basketball-obama-blue-ivy-photos/

Emmy is currently a junior at Bentley University majoring in Computer Information Systems and minoring in Information Design and Corporate Communications. Besides being a writer for Her Campus, she's also a part of the Business Fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi. She's a fan of traveling, playing tennis, and eating good food!
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.