Girl With Pigtails Peace Sign Front
Girl With Pigtails Peace Sign Front
Alanna Martine Kilkeary / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

Easy Ways to Accessorize

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

There have been so many times where I have put on a basic outfit and have been stumped on how to take it up a notch. Well, I’ve figured out the solution: accessorize! Whether you’re just in sweats, a plain top and jeans, or a hoodie and leggings, here are some of my favorite ways to spice up out outfit with accessories!

Shoulder Bag

If you’re running errands and want to look a bit more put-together, adding a shoulder bag to your look is a great choice! These bags are perfect for just fitting the necessities and they aren’t too heavy or bulky that they’re a hassle to carry. They make your outfit look more polished and planned while still being casual and laid-back.

Jewelry

Throwing on jewelry is probably the easiest way to accessorize and amp up your look. A pair of gold hoops and some rings can go a very long way. These can be worn with virtually any outfit, and it’s really fun shopping for jewelry because you can personalize it to your very own style and interests. My favorite necklace at the moment has my initial on it, and I wear it with every outfit because I find that it makes even my sweats look more stylish!

Claw Clips

Claws clips are a great way to get your hair out of your face while also adding a cute touch to your outfit. Claw clips can be found everywhere now – boutiques, Target, Amazon, and more. They come in so many different shapes, sizes, and prints to fit your hair length, hair type, and your personal style. They’re also so easy to carry around and clip onto the strap of your purse or backpack, or just throw in the cupholder of your car!

What’s your favorite way to accessorize?

Hi everyone! My name is Banmai Huynh and I am from Chelmsford, MA. I'm a Corporate Finance and Accounting major at Bentley University in Waltham, MA and I’m the President of our Her Campus Chapter. I joined Her Campus because I think it's a great creative outlet for college students. I like writing about my personal experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks for reading!