Dorm Décor: Pinterest Style!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

The Pinterest DIY fad has spread to dorm living! It’s now easier than ever to create cute décor and other practical crafts to make your room as homey as possible. I spent all of July and August pinning away and made these pins a reality by crafting with my friends before heading off to school. Next time you’re bored at home on a break, head over to your local craft store to personalize your space!

1. Clothesline Style Pictures
Instead of corkboards collages, display your memories clothesline style. I attached black raffia to adhesive wall clips but any ribbon or string would suffice. I also made custom clothespins by cutting strips of scrap paper and gluing them on to the surface of the pin.

[pagebreak]

2. Days of the Week Dry-Erase Board
Between assignments, tests, club meetings, sports practices, and outings with friends, it’s not always easy for a college girl to keep everything straight. To combat the busy schedule, I replaced picture frames with scrapbook paper (the same paper used to customize the clothes pins) and used sticky letters to write Monday-Sunday in each box. Conveniently, glass works just like a dry erase board!

[pagebreak]

3. Decorate Your Initials
Paint wood letters with acrylic paint to make your plain white walls stand out. For those of you who aren’t great with paint (myself included, mine were actually a gift from a friend), collaging small pieces of scrapbook paper with glue looks fabulous too!

[pagebreak]

4. Fishbowls for Desk Items
All college students know how often you’re sitting at your desk so make the area look extra pretty! I got three differently shaped fishbowls to hold my makeup brushes, markers, pens, and pencils to dress up my desk. Decorate the clear bowls with ribbons and put beads, rocks, or marbles on the bottom.

[pagebreak]

5. Create a Jar of Memories with Friends
Make an effort to write down fun times, jokes, and embarrassing moments with your friends. Put them in the jar and read them all the end of the year! 

Bentley University Class of 2016