COVID-Safe Fall Activities from the Her Campus Chapter at Bentley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

With the weather getting colder at Bentley, students are looking for activities to enjoy the fall weather while being safe!  The Her Campus chapter at Bentley did some brainstorming and curated a list of socially-distant activities to enjoy around the Waltham area!

Apple Picking

There are plenty of apple picking farms to choose from!  All of the farms in Massachusetts require visitors to wear masks the whole time.  This is a great opportunity to shoot some great mask content for Instagram!  Be sure to go earlier in the season rather than later to pick the best apples!

Carving Pumpkins

Whether you go pumpkin picking or pick up a pumpkin at the local store, this is a great fall-festive activity to do with your family unit or inside wearing masks!  

Go through a haunted maze or on a haunted hayride!

This is a great way to get in the Halloween spirit and can easily be done while following COVID guidelines!

Movie Marathons

A great bonding activity for the family unit!  Some Halloween movies we brainstormed were Twitches, Casper, Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, and Scream.  Be sure to wear a mask if you plan to watch with people outside of your family unit!

Hiking

Hiking is a great fall activity because it is not too hot or too cold!  There are plenty of great hiking spots around Waltham ranging from beginner to more seasoned!  Located right in Waltham is Prospect Hill Park, which gives a great view of Boston from the top.  Keep your distance from other hikers and wear a mask when in close distance with others.

Wilson’s Farm

Located in Lexington, this is a great opportunity to support local businesses!  They have locally grown produce in which you can purchase and then go home to bake some delicious fall treats!  Baking not your vibe?  No worries, they have pre-made baked goods!  Consider purchasing your meats, cheeses, produce, and even fresh flowers from this local farm close to Bentley! 

Corn Maze

Don’t like pumpkin or apple picking?  Grab a couple of friends and make a friendly competition to see who can get through the corn maze first!    

Boston Lights at the Franklin Park Zoo

A beautiful outdoor light display located right in Boston!  This is a great option for any age, but be sure to book your tickets early in advance as many of the dates are already sold out!

Bentley University
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!