This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Around the holidays it seems like a time where you have to spend a lot of money on friends and family to show them how much you love them, but I know for most of us that isn’t really feasible. Here are some ideas that can help you show your loved ones you care without spending all you earned this year.

1. Photos

A photo book, photo in a frame, polaroid’s, collage, are all really meaningful and cute ways to show your loved ones you care and bring back all of your best memories with them. Its thoughtful and practical for them without costing you a lot.

2. Colored box

Something that my friend did for me was put together a box of some of my favorite snacks, and other fun items all in my favorite color. This is another fun way to show you care and you can get really creative with it!

3. Bake

When in doubt, food. Everyone loves Christmas themed baked goods! It will show you put in time for them, and they will love it.

While these are great ideas, sometimes you want to get your family and friends something more tangible or popular to make them smile on Christmas. Some ideas on how to save money while buying gifts are…

1. Secondhand shopping

2. Gift swaps

3. Do secret Santa with family or friends so you are buying less gifts

4. Find out what they really want and only buy that instead of over purchasing

Hope these help a little! Merry Christmas!

Taylor White

Bentley '26

Hi everyone, my name's Taylor and I'm a sophomore at Bentley University majoring in Finance and an interest in minoring in Sustainability! I am originally from Canada but grew up on a tiny island called Bermuda which I now call home. I love swimming, the environment, my family and anything to do with music!