Brian Shea: Senior Class Cabinet President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

If you’re a Bentley student, chances are you’ve heard the name Brian Shea tossed around more than just a few times; he’s the President of Senior Class Cabinet, a member of the Falcon Society, and an all-around amazing human being. B. Shea (as his friends lovingly call him) makes it his priority to ensure that life here on campus is the best it can be. This week, I had the opportunity to catch up with him and hear more about his Bentley experience and what he’ll miss most about being a Falcon. Check out our conversation below to learn more about the infamous Brian Shea!

Name: Brian Shea

Hometown: Arlington, MA

Interests: Pranking people, watching sports, winning fantasy football leagues, doing random stuff that hopefully brightens people’s days.

Her Campus (HC): So, you’re graduating a just a few short weeks. What is your field of study?

Brian Shea (BS): Starting off on a cruel note. Okay. I see how it is, Her Campus. I am a Marketing major with an LSM in Media Arts & Society.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

BS: I’m the President of the Senior Class Cabinet and the Coordinator of Student Programs at the Bentley Service-Learning Center. Previously, I’ve dabbled as a writer for The Vanguard (mainly the Police Logs), been a part of the Colleges Against Cancer and Non-Profit Society e-boards, served on the Consent Day Committee, polluted the minds of our future leaders as an FYS Peer Facilitator, and balled hard in intramural B-League basketball.

HC: What Bentley experience stands out as the most significant to you?

BS: I have LOVED my experience with Service-Learning at Bentley. It’s given me the opportunity to work with (and learn from) some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met, all while allowing me to make an impact in the greater Waltham community through a number of different programs.

[pagebreak]

HC: What was your hardest moment during the past four years? 

BS: Well, like most people, I’ve had a couple hard times in college. Not to diminish any health-related issues, personal loss, or things that have contributed to my development, but I had a really tough time coping with the Patriots’ Super Bowl loss during my sophomore year. I literally stared at the television in silence for three hours after the game ended. I didn’t move from my spot on the couch. I was upset. I’m still upset. Can we move on?

HC: What do you think you will miss most about Bentley?

BS: I live with 4,000 people of my own age. A lot of us have generally similar interests, generally similar schedules, and generally similar problems. What a freaking social experiment, huh? Yeah, I’m going to miss that.

HC: What advice do you have for Bentley underclassmen?

BS: Life isn’t something that you can put off for later. Don’t justify your decisions with “yeah, well, in a couple of years, I’ll be able to do something I really like.” Ain’t nobody got time for that. Find something awesome and meaningful NOW and do it. You’ll thank yourself.

[pagebreak]

HC: Any post-graduation plans?

BS: I’m planning on hibernating before starting at Liberty Mutual on July 7th.

HC: What are you most excited about in these next few years after graduation?

BS: I’m excited for a new set of challenges. Just as it was a transition to come to college, I think it will be a transition to enter the “real world.” I love college. I’m making it my mission to love the “real world.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

BS: Coming back to Bentley to give the Undergraduate Commencement Address. Yeah, that’s right, Gloria. I’ve freed May 18th, 2019 on my schedule. Holler at me.

HC: Any last words for the Bentley Community?

BS: A word of advice: every day, challenge yourself, say an extra “thank you,” and make someone else smile. That’s a pretty falcon awesome day.

Bentley University Class of 2014
Bentley University