This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

I always use reading as a way to relax after a long day of work, classes, etc. In my opinion, reading is a better way to wind down at the end of the day than scrolling through various social media sites until my eyes hurt. But finding the right book can be hard, which is why I put together a list of books I would highly recommend for anyone who is looking for a good place to start. 

If you are a sucker for a good love story: 

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole 

This book is perfect for hopeless romantics (like myself). It is an amazing, wholesome love story. Part of what makes this book so enjoyable is how Cole writes about love in its rawest form. The book is beautifully written and showcases the character’s emotions perfectly. 

Beach Read by Emily Henry 

If you anywhere near “book tok,” the side of Tik Tok where book lovers share their recommendations, you have definitely heard of this book. I loved the enemies to lovers trope in this book and found it to be a fun read. 

November 9 by Colleen Hoover 

I think about this book all the time … and I finished it months ago. The plot is so unique and the characters grow and change so much over the course of the novel. This book had me reading for hours, always wanting to know what came next. 

For those of us who love thrills: 

The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelidis 

This book is such a good thriller. The plot twist in this book was amazing and completely unexpected. This is another one of those books that I think about all the time despite finishing it months ago.

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie 

Agatha Christie is an iconic author for a reason: this book is so good. I literally could not put it down and annotated it the whole way through trying to solve the mystery. 

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart 

I have heard so many mixed reviews about this book, but honestly I really enjoyed it! The plot twist really took me by surprise. I was thinking about this book for days after I finished it and will recommend it to pretty much anyone. 

If fiction is not your thing: 

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark manson

Personally, nonfiction books are not my favorite, but this book gave a lot of great life tips. A great thing about this book is that it’s short and makes you think about your own life and values from a new perspective. 

My name is Trianna Skourides and I am a third year student at Bentley University. I am pursuing a Bachelors in Science for Accountancy with a minor in Computer Information Systems. I have always had a love for reading and can appreciate writing. I decided to become involved with Her Campus to begin writing in a more casual and enjoyable way.