The Best Student Discounts!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

With winter break right around the corner, us collegiettes need to occupy our time by hanging out with friends, relaxing, but most importantly – SHOPPING. We must be money conscious throughout this month we have off of school, which is why I would like to share with you the stores with the greatest discounts for college students! Happy shopping!

New England Aquarium:If you’re bored one day, why not rally up a group of friends and go visit the cutest penguins and prettiest fish in town! The New England Aquarium in Boston offers a discount off of regular price admission when you show your college ID.

Museum of Science – Boston: After you go to the aquarium, check out which night the Museum of Science is hosting ‘College Night.’ On college night, each student gets free admission! It may sound lame, but the MOS is one of my favorite places to go in Boston!

Broadway – New York: If you’re in NY over break, check out a Broadway play! Tickets can be kind of expensive unless you know where and when to go. Hit up the show of your choice’s box office bright and early in the morning! They will have unsold tickets and will sell you the best tickets they have for around $25. I sat front row for Legally Blonde with my ID for $20!

Ann Taylor: Sophisticate your wardrobe over winter break at Ann Taylor with 20% off of full priced items! Come back from vacation looking as chic as ever!

Ann Taylor LOFT: Ann Taylor’s sister store, LOFT, offers 15% off regularly priced items. LOFT has some awesome super casual pieces that are so cute! Pair with a fun scarf or necklace and you’ll look like you just stepped out of their catalog!

J.Crew: J.Crew has got to be my FAVORITE discount! J.Crew has super chic clothes that can be worn casually or dressed up for a networking night. They do not advertise this discount but tell the cashier you are a student and show your ID to get 15% off! It gets better – this discount even works at the Outlets! If you’re near Merrimack or Wrentham over break, you MUST stop in! You’ll feel like you robbed the store after the amazing discounts you rake in!

Banana Republic:Just like J.Crew, Banana Republic offers an educational discount of 15% off for students and teachers.

Sally Beauty Supply: While replenishing your stock of beauty products, sign up for the Sally Beauty Student Discount Card to get reduced pricing on most products. Who doesn’t like an easy discount?!

Juicy Couture: At Juicy Couture, stay in style with 15% off. Pick up a cute jumpsuit for those lazy days where you want to stay in bed!

Club Monaco:This store is a mid-priced, high-end casual clothing retailer that takes their signature black and white styles and pairs it with pieces of color. Perfect for a night out with the girls! Whip out your student ID for an extra 15% off!

The Limited: The time is approaching for internship and full-time job interviews. You’re going to need a new suit or other pieces in order to impress your possible future employers. Their ‘Black Collection’ uses the same color and fabric in each suit so you can mix and match pieces throughout the seasons. The Limited offers 15% off for students, and is probably one of the best places to purchase from.

Vineyard Vines: Vineyard Vines is quickly becoming a trend on the Bentley Campus. Go to one of their stores and pick up a cute hat or belt and take an extra 15% off!

Urban Outfitters: Urban has the best style of clothes I’ve ever seen. Articles from this store can be made super chic or super grungy, depending on your mood. To help build your closet, they offer 10% off select dates – so check it out before you run to the mall!

Alex & Ani: Alex & Ani has become a must have in everyone’s accessory closet. By stacking bracelets of different types, you are able to show your personality while rocking a cute wrist full of bangles. Go into any store and receive 15% off with your ID. There’s one conveniently located on Newbury Street!

Emily is currently serving as the Executive Vice President of Editorial for the Bentley University branch of Her Campus. A junior at Bentley, she is studying marketing with a liberal studies double major in media arts & society as well as a minor in information design and corporate communication. Emily aspires to work in public relations, social media or event planning. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY crafts, baton twirling and cooking.
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.