The Best Blogs for Outfit Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Most blogs are like fashion shows –pretty to look at but totally unrealistic.  However, lucky for us, the following five ladies don’t fit that mold. In their personal style blogs, they not only look put-together and chic, but also wear outfits that are completely doable for 20-somethings on a college budget. By taking hints and cues from the ensembles that inspire you, these fabulous bloggers will help you give your style a big boost!

The Pink Peonies

Rachel Parcell of The Pink Peonies has mastered the art of making over-the-top girly pieces look sophisticated and chic. This PR and communications student mixes the classics with playful patterns and statement pieces to give each outfit a punchy impact.  On days when I’m in the mood to sport glitter, pink or polka dots, this is my go-to girl. 

Gal Meets Glam

As the name of her blog suggests, Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam adds a touch of glitz to every look, whether it be leopard pumps, sparkly jewelry, or a swipe of red lip stick. Her outfits are not only trendy but also affordable, with pieces from stores such as Forever 21, Zara, and J.Crew.  In addition to her daily outfit posts, Julia also provides beauty tips to those readers who want to emulate her signature fresh-faced makeup look.

[pagebreak]

Atlantic-Pacific

I am completely captivated by Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific, whose pictures you have surely seen circulating around Pinterest from one style board to another. She is fearless when it comes to layering bold colors and prints and always adds the perfect accessories to complete the look.  But let’s be real here – you would definitely get some strange looks while walking to class in a quirky ensemble like this. Yet, the beauty in Atlantic-Pacific is that it will leave you inspired to get creative with the items that you already have in your wardrobe and to take risks while putting an outfit together. After all, who know that a tutu could look this good

See Jane

Anna Jane is the voice behind the successful personal style and lifestyle blog See Jane. The ever-polished Chicagoan shows readers that, even in the coldest of weather, there’s no need to compromise your style by just settling for a puff coat and Uggs! As it gets increasingly frigid here at Bentley, make sure to check out See Jane for tips on how to pile on the layers and add an array of cold-weather accessories.

[pagebreak]

Penny Pincher Fashion

Kimberly Smith may proudly dub herself a penny pincher, but it sure doesn’t show in her perfectly styled outfits! The Penny Pincher Fashion blogger is passionate about sharing her “frugal fashion sensibilities” and proves that you can look great without breaking the bank, by taking affordable yet versatile pieces and mixing them in different ways that only look expensive. She also keeps a constantly –updated list of online sales and coupon codes that is definitely worth bookmarking if you’re looking for a steal!

Did your favorite personal style blog make the cut?

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.