Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese
Christin Urso / Spoon

Arcade Games + Grilled Cheese = The Perfect Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

If you’ve been on Bentley’s campus on spring day or during some of the larger events throughout the year like Homecoming, you’ve probably seen a yellow Roxy’s Grilled Cheese truck driving around. Besides the Roxy’s food truck, there are also a couple of different restaurant locations around the Greater Boston area that you can also visit if you’re in the mood for something cheesy.

Locations:

292 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA

485 Cambridge St, Allston, MA

Hours: 

Roxy’s in Cambridge is open from 11AM everyday until 11PM on the weekdays and until 12AM on Fridays and Saturdays.

Roxy’s in Allston is open from 11AM everyday until 10PM on the weekdays and 11PM Fridays and Saturdays.

If you’re 21 and up you should definitely check out the Roxy’s in Cambridge because behind a set of doors and a secret “freezer door” is a really cool bar filled with arcade games and fun drinks of all kinds. Some of them come in cool containers or have something added onto it like a flower or star wars swords. You can also buy some tokens which start at $5 for 20 tokens. Most games cost 2-3 tokens with some of the pinball machines costing 4. If you can’t stop playing old arcade games, there’s plenty of more tokens to go around! 

No worries if you’re not 21, you can still go for the delicious grilled cheeses and tater tots. My personal favorite grilled cheese is called “The Allston” and is Herb goat cheese, arugula, carmelized onions, and fig jam. You can also grab a classic grilled cheese called the “Three Cheese Melt” that has Vermont cheddar, muenster cheese, and fontina. Add a tomato for $0.50!

If you’re looking for somewhere fun to go on a Friday or Saturday night this might just be the place! And of course, you can always grab some dinner while you’re there.

1/2/3

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.