Andres Valdivia ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Name: Andres Valdivia

Year Graduated: 2015

Major/Minor: Economics/Finance major and Sociology minor

He’s the one with the flamingo on his head.

Her Campus Bentley: Where are you working now? What’s your position?

Andres Valdivia: JP Morgan Chase. I work for fund services. We help mutual fund clients in their monthly reports and keep their books… so I guess an accountant.

HCB: Do you have a favorite part about your job?

AV: Talking to clients and getting to know them. Always being funny to create trust.

HCB: Favorite Bentley memory from senior year?

AV: Probably playing blackjack with my friends in the Bahamas, when we were winning. Or no. Scratch that. The snow days.

HCB: Did you have any class, or professor that stood out to you over your four years?

AV: Phillip Uhlmann and Bryan Snyder can be credited to my passion of finance and economics. The way they taught allowed me to grasp critical concepts from unique angles and personal experiences. Timothy Anderson is my mentor as well; if it weren’t for him I would have never been the same person I am today in terms of understanding what other people do and why they do it.

HCB: What do you miss most about school?

AV: Having a flexible schedule and having time to cook. I probably miss being with my friends constantly the most.

HCB: Tell me what your go-to items at Curritos, Einsteins, and Late Night were.

AV: A burrito bowl was by far the best meal you could get on campus. Italian chicken sandwich at Einsteins (do they still have this??). Late Night… I still call it Yellas, so an sandwich from there (its Russo’s now).

HCB: What’s one piece of advice you’d give to an incoming freshman?

AV: incoming freshmen should try to meet and spend time with as many people as possible. Also don’t take classes too seriously versus the value of making long lifetime relationships with others. Most importantly, lose the meal plan ASAP and learn how to cook.

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.