Adele Say’s “Hello” to the World Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Adele is nothing less than one of the best singers of the century so far. Her unique voice and her Grammy-winning, chill inducing songs have caused a roar amongst the entire world (in the best way possible). From her first album release in 2008, which she entitled 19, to her newest upcoming album, appropriately titled 25 (notice the pattern here), she has not failed to stun the world. Not only is her voice one for the ages, she writes songs based on relationships and heartbreak that most people can really relate to. These things combined make her one of the most loved artists of our time. 

Lately, however, Adele has been M.I.A. and needless to say we’ve been wondering where she’s been. Her last album release, 21, was released in 2011. After four long years, we were beginning to think she had simply disappeared. But oh, we were very wrong.

On October 23, just a few days ago, Adele released her new song. The song, fittingly entitled “Hello”, had the entire world talking about it in just a short amount of time. It’s almost as if she was saying hello to world, and letting us know she was still here and ready to blow our minds once again. “Hello” is full of soul and honesty, and is as equally beautiful as it is heartbreaking. It has emotionally captured anyone who has had the privilege of listening to it. It even brought tears to some people’s eyes, including actress Kate Hudson, who posted a picture of herself after listening to the song and saying, “She’s done it again!” The song, which personally gives me goosebumps every time I hear it, is already on its way to number 1 on Billboard’s Hot 100, and honestly, I would be surprised if it doesn’t make it.

“Hello” is an amazing sneak-peak to her newest album, 25, which is to be released November 20, 2015. Adele was very sorry to her fans for the long wait, saying in a long note (which you can read fully on Adele’s official Twitter account), “I’m sorry it took so long, but you know, life happened.” She also says that this album is going to be different than her others; it will be about “making up with [herself]” and “making up for lost time.” All I can say is, if “Hello” is just the sneak peak, then we can’t wait to hear the whole album!

I am a sophomore at Bentley University studying Marketing. I enjoy late nights, good music, and being with friends!
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.