7 Things You Miss About Your Mom When You Go to College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Moving away from home for the first time evokes many emotions—there’s fear of whether you’ll like your roommate and hallmates, the difficulty of classes, and somehow trying to find your way around campus. As you settle in and find your comfort zone, it’s the little things you miss the most about living at home—specifically, your mom.

Waking You Up

My mom always knocked on my door and yelled to make sure I was awake. This would definitely be helpful to get up for my early classes.

Late Night Talks

No matter the topic, you can always go to your mom and feel comforted just by letting her know what’s going on in your life—even if it was midnight.

Advice

Somehow, moms always know best. She knows how to calm you down, how to put things into perspective, and helps to make you realize what is truly important.

Shopping Trips

Who doesn’t love a girls day?

Dinner Dates

Nothing beats being able to unwind and have a nice dinner at your favorite restaurant with your mom.

Home Cooked Meals

It was always taken for granted that you would come home to a delicious home cooked meal everyday.

Big Hugs

Let’s be real, there is no hug like a hug from your mom.

College freshman living in and exploring the vibrant city of Boston! Born and raised in the dirty jerz. 
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.