5 Stylish Coat Trends for Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s that time of the year where the leaves are almost done falling and the weather is getting wicked cold. You’ve probably experienced your first two snows of the season already and are feeling unprepared for what this winter has to offer us. Instead of blending in with everyone else in a boring North Face fleece, I have five fabulous coats that you should give a try this winter so you can be warm and still look fabulous wherever you go!

1.    Parka Coats

Parkas are definitely a favorite for this fall and winter! These coats give any outfit a laidback vibe, along with an urban chic feel. The best way to rock a parka this season is to either pair boyfriend jeans with your favorite neutral colored sweater and ankle booties. If you prefer to go for a more feminine route, then try pairing it with a long sleeved patterned dress (I recommend stripes, polka dots, or a soft floral), tights, and knee high boots.

TNT Britana Parka $199

2.  Shawl Collar Coats

Thanks to Olivia Pope, every girl is dying to have one of these coats in their closet. Coats with large shawl collars can make you look and feel like a million bucks even when it’s about to hit freezing temperatures. This coat is ideal for all the holiday outings you have lined up, especially if you would like to appear more put together.

Nasty Gal- Alexia Coat- $158

3.  Skater Coats

Channel your inner sweetheart with this cute jacket! Skater skirts were in every girl’s must-have lists for the spring and summer, so it’s only right that these coats make it to every girl’s winter must-haves list! These coats put your average peacoat to shame and add a feminine flair to your winter style. If you want to try a new peacoat but you’re looking for a little more oomph, I recommend checking out one’s with fur collars! I suggest wearing this jacket with dresses, skater skirts, and tights if you want to keep extra warm. Also for winter accessories, try matching this coat with a knit ear warmer headband!

ASOS Dolly Skater Coat- $142.13

4.  Longline Duster Coats

These coats without a doubt are my favorite! Celebrity fashionistas such as Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian are often spotted wearing these trendy coats. Duster coats are a great investment because they can compliment any outfit whether you are dressing up or just keeping it super casual. I personally would wear these coats with midi length dresses or with an oversized T-Shirt and black jeans.

ASOS Cocoon Coat- $161.08

Nasty Gal Reality Check Coat- $158.00

5.  Fur Hood Jackets

Even though there are so many different coats out there to choose for the upcoming winter, some of us prefer to keep it simple by purchasing a nice winter coat with a fur hood. These coats essentially go with anything and are a go-to staple whether you are going out for dinner, going to class, or going outside to play in the snow!

ASOS Duffle Coat with Clean Detail Faux Fur Hood- $161.08

H&M Down Jacket- $129.00

Photo Sources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7

20 years old. Junior at Bentley University. Accounting Major, Sociology Minor. I like to shop, eat, travel, and read. :)
Bentley University