5 Reasons to Watch “The Haunting of Hill House”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Even though Halloween is over, that doesn’t mean it’s time to give up on the spooky shows and movies! Here are 5 reasons to watch Netflix’s 5-star, smash-hit, “The Haunting of Hill House”. 

1. The Haunting of Hill House is truly frightening like it promises. If you’re into a good jump scare, this show is for you. But unlike other shows and movies, the jumps in The Haunting of Hill House are far more unexpected and interesting.

2. Not only is The Haunting of Hill House down-right scary, it also has a fantastic and twisting storyline that focuses on a family of seven. The plot switches between current day and the main character’s childhood, eventually connecting many dots for viewers.

3. Speaking of characters, the show’s main characters are phenomenal! Some fans of the show even believe that the family’s five siblings represent the five stages of grief! As you make it through each episode you will begin to see how incredibly developed these characters are and how significant each one is to the plot of the show in their own way. 

4. Just when you think you have the plot figured out, you don’t, which will keep you clicking “next episode”. 

5. The series finale episode is one that brings a ton of clarity and ties up so many of the show’s loose ends, with one big, jaw-dropping final revelation. 

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Haley M

Bentley '20

Marketing major and Law and Sociology double minor at Bentley University.
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.