This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

While there’s still snow on the ground and you can’t imagine your morning walk to class without a jacket, spring is rapidly approaching. Within the next three weeks to a month, you will feel less obligated to fast-walk back to your dorm and hide under a blanket after the classes you do attend and more willing to show your face around campus.

The start of a new season is a perfect time to clear out all of your old hair and makeup goods and replace them with new beauty products before spring rolls around. Check out some of my favorites!

1.    Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, $43

Although it’s a bit pricy, this light-weight formula is the biggest up and coming trend for spring. The tinted moisturizer gives you the coverage of a foundation without drying out your skin and leaves you with an air-brushed looking complexion for hours. While us college girls aren’t rolling in the dough (just yet), splurging on this product will be the best decision for your day-time and night-time makeup routine.

2. NARS Bronzing Powder, Laguna, $34

This product makes the cut for Allure’s Best Beauty Products of the Year almost every year, and has personally been one of the best investments of my life. This compact bronzing powder isn’t too shimmery and blends perfectly with any other makeup that you’re using. Their more popular shade, Laguna, works wonders to liven up your face and gives you the perfect spring time glow that you’ve been longing for.

[pagebreak]

3.    Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Balm, Mighty Mimosa, $16 

This gorgeous lip color treats lips to all day moisture and a hint of soft shine. It never needs sharpening—simply swivels up to reveal more of the balm and is a great alternative to the chapstick you’ve been carrying around in your back pack for the past three months. This season is going to be all about pastels, and Clinique’s line of sheer pinks and corals adds the subtle pop of color you’ll be seeing everywhere this spring.

4.    Olay All Day Moisturizer, $8.99

If you haven’t already, it’s time to hop on the daily moisturizer band wagon. This means that every morning and night you should apply a facial moisturizer. After this especially cold winter, your skin is probably more dried out than you think. Apply this right after you wash your face or come out of the shower and you will improve your skin AND make your makeup look that much better.

[pagebreak]

5.    Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Spray, $7.99 

Keeping with the trend of inescapable winter dryness, most of us have been hiding our damaged hair and split ends in ballerina buns and messy side braids. This tiny spray bottle will last you anywhere from 4-6 months, and will replenish your hair with oils that have been stripped away by the cold and dry air. Give your hair a spritz all over while it’s damp and comb it through. You’ll start to see a huge improvement in the texture of your hair and its shine within two weeks. Get ready to feel confident about rocking your locks from spring into summer!

Sources: 1 2 3 4 5

Bentley University