This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

In these unprecedented times, it is the perfect time to organize your life or pick up a new hobby you have been meaning to try out.  If you don’t know where to start, here are a few ideas of what you can do to keep you busy during quarantine:  

1. Read books you’ve been meaning to read

2. Clean out your closet (Marie Kondo method, of course)

3. Play board games

4. Complete a puzzle

5. Cut up some magazines and make a collage

6. Make a Tik Tok!

7. Clear out your phone (emails, pictures, social media, etc.)

8. Write in a journal

9. Take an online course (many are free right now)

10. Learn a new language 

11. Try a new recipe

12. Have virtual hangouts 

13. Watch a new series on Netflix

14. Make a new Spotify playlist

15. Do some at-home workouts

16. Go for a walk/run (away from people of course)

17. Support local businesses

18. Reorganize your room

19. Learn a magic trick

20. Use the Netflix Party extension to watch shows and movies with friends

21. Have a spa day!

22. Apply to jobs

23. Color in coloring book

24. Learn a new braid

25. Try calligraphy 

26. Write letters to family and friends

27. Meditate

28. Practice an instrument 

29. Clean out a junk drawer

30. Write an article for Her Campus!

Here are just some of the ways I have been keeping busy (and sane) during quarantine!  Take this time to find a new hobby, clean out your house, or just reflect on what you are grateful for.  Comment below what you have been doing during quarantine, or if you have tried any of these ideas!

Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!       
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.