This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love when the leaves change color and the air feels crisp. Unfortunately, fall also entails midterms, shorter days, and stress. I created a list of 25 fall things to ease your stress and treat yourself:

1. Candles – Everyone knows that fall scents are the best. Scents like cinnamon, apple, pumpkin, and chai always make for a more relaxing, cozy mood.
  2. Halloween Movie Night – Make a list of your favorite Halloween movies and watch them with friends! (+ some Halloween candy)
  3. Apple Picking – Nothing is better than a fun trip to the farm with friends. Get some cute pictures, pick some apples, and make an apple pie!
  4. Fall Treats – Have a little baking night with your friends (Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Cookies, Cupcakes – maybe even do a contest)
  5. Haunted Houses – Go on a trip to a theme park and go on all the spooky rides.
  6. Farmers Market – Make a trip to your nearby farmers market! Maybe buy a pumpkin, or get some Apple Cider Donuts!
  7. Hayride – Hayrides are a fun way to get in the Halloween/fall spirit.
  8. Re-watch Gilmore Girls – If any show screams fall time it’s Gilmore Girls!
  9. Shopping – I always love an excuse to shop for new sweaters.
  10. Hiking – While the weather is still nice, take a trip to a nearby trail and look at all the colorful trees.
  11. Caramel Apples, Apple Cider Donuts & Apple Cider – All must-haves for fall time!
  12. Rake – Time to unleash your inner child. Rake up some leaves into a big pile and jump in!
  13. Bike Ride – Bike around your town! Great way to get in your exercise and take in the fall vibes.
  14. Smores Night – Cozy up by a fire pit and eat some smores.
  15. Buy Some Flowers – Everyone needs some flowers, and they’re the perfect way to brighten up your dorm.
  16. Spa Night – Take a nice long shower, face mask, and a nice glass of your favorite drink.
  17. Carve a Pumpkin – Who doesn’t love carving pumpkins? Get creative! Maybe toast up those pumpkin seeds.
  18. Painting – Paint your favorite fall scenery!
  19. Corn Maze – These are surprisingly fun to do with your friends (place bets on who will get lost first).
  20. Football – Football in the fall has always been a family favorite for me. Sit down and watch the game or maybe even play with your friends.
  21. Have a Picnic – Hang out outside with your friends and enjoy some fall treats.
  22. Read – Curl up with a good book!
  23. Thanksgiving – Personally, I believe it’s never too early to indulge in your favorite Thanksgiving foods. You could even plan a Friendsgiving with your closest pals!
  24. Try the fall Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts fall items – Maybe give them all a rating.
  25. Halloween costumes – Start prepping and planning your costume!
Sarah Looney

Bentley '24

My name is Sarah Looney and I am currently a sophomore at Bentley! I am from Belmont, Massachusetts, which is about 10 minutes away from Bentley's campus. My family has been visiting Bentley's campus since I was little to walk my dog and little did we know my sister and I would both become students here! I am a Human Resources Management major with a minor in Spanish. On-campus, I am an Orientation Leader and a part of the Women's Leadership Program! During my free time, I love to spend time with my friends, walk my dog, and watch movies. I joined Her-Campus because I think it is a great way for students to stay connected and share stories!