10 Times Darren Criss Was Too Cute to Handle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Recognize this guy?

How about now?

Meet Darren Criss, a 2009 University of Michigan graduate who made it big in Hollywood after his guest-starring role as Blaine Anderson on Glee that propelled him to stardom. Darren’s cover of Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” is the fastest and one of the top selling Glee songs of all time. Today, his character Blaine is one of the show’s most popular characters.

Besides his gorgeous voice and quirky personality, we can’t deny that we love Darren for his dashing good looks. If you aren’t fangirling over Darren by now, I promise that these 10 times he was way too cute to handle will leave you convinced.

[pagebreak]

1. Before Darren was on Glee, he was only famous to a small group in the Harry Potter community. The theatre company he started, Team StarKid, wrote and produced A Very Potter Musical, which has over 10 million views on YouTube. Darren played the title character, and was an absolutely delightful Harry. 

[pagebreak]

2. Back in Darren’s Harry Potter days, his hair was much longer and much curlier.  He totally pulls off the fro look, don’t you think? 

[pagebreak]

3. After Darren was cast as Blaine Anderson on Glee, he rose to fame virtually overnight. He steals our hearts every time he comes on our TVs as the adorable Blaine Anderson. 

It must be the gelled hair and the bow-ties. That, and his charming relationship with Kurt gets me every time. 

[pagebreak]

4. Darren also writes and producers his own original music. When he’s performing on stage with such passion and excitement, there is nothing cuter. Don’t you wish you were that microphone?

[pagebreak]

5. In addition to his vocal talent, Darren also plays guitar, piano, and various other instruments. The feeling behind his music and the love he puts into it is infectious and utterly adorable.

[pagebreak]

6. Darren also likes to dance. While he might not be the best dancer around (okay, he’s definitely not), he never fails to make us smile with his silly moves.

[pagebreak]

7. Along with the rest of the Glee cast, Darren was in a video for Fashion’s Night Out in 2011. The red suit, the adorable dancing, and fierceness was a cuteness overload. 

People thought Darren was so adorable in 2011’s FNO that he was the star of the 2012 FNO promo video!

[pagebreak]

8. Plenty of Darren’s other photo shoots have made us swoon over his cuteness.  Let’s not forget his photo shoot for Teen Vogue in 2012, where he was both shirtless on the beach and in a gorgeous sweater looking perfect on a rooftop. Just another day in the endearing life of DC.

[pagebreak]

9. Though he’s a cutie without them, Darren in glasses gets me every time. How does he make the nerdy look look so good?

[pagebreak]

10. And last, but certainly not least, is Darren blowing kisses. Don’t you wish those were directed at you?

I sure do. Darren, keep on being your adorable self, and collegiettes, don’t forget to watch Glee on Thursdays at 9PM on Fox!

Photo Credits: tumblr.com

Olivia is a senior at Bentley University studying Information Design and Corporate Communication. On campus, she is an Admission Fellow and Peer Facilitator for Bentley’s First Year Seminar program, as well as Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Bentley. In her spare time, Olivia enjoys reading, writing, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and going to Disney World (she’s obsessed).