10 Most Overused Words and Phrases of 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As 2014 comes to a close we must take time to look back at some of the different words and phrases that crept into our day-to-day vocabulary use. Hopefully if we’re lucky, none of these words will come back to haunt us in 2015.

1.    I can’t even

On a scale of one to even can you? 

2.    Bae

Any person who buys me mozzarella sticks is automatically bae, just saying.

3.    Or Nah

I think this is pretty self-explanatory.

4.    Pero like

Pero liiiiiiiikeeee, how can you resist using this word honestly?

5. Yaaasss

When your best friend’s outfit is on point don’t just say “wow you look great”, say “YAAAAAASSSS” and give her a round of applause.

6. Basic

If there’s anything you don’t want to be in life, it is to be called basic.

7. Sorry not sorry

If someone hits you with the “sorry not sorry” phrase, then please understand that you didn’t get an apology.

8. Fleek

If someone tells you that your eyebrows are “on fleek” then just know that person just gave you the biggest compliment ever.  

9. Turn down for what

Turn up was the go to phrase for 2013, so its only right that Turn down for what follows suit.

10. But that’s none of my business

This phrase got popular over the summer and is already super annoying but that’s none of my business. *sips tea*

20 years old. Junior at Bentley University. Accounting Major, Sociology Minor. I like to shop, eat, travel, and read. :)