Upcoming Shows You Cannot Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

I realize that last week I wrote an article explaining how to save your money and find fun free activities to do, but this week I am telling you the opposite—spend all the money you do have on concert tickets!! Because let’s face it, if we’re not going to spend it on concert tickets, we’re just going to spend it on pizza.

1. The Lumineers (September 20 Ascend Amphitheater)

The sweet sound of their folk melodies will leave you in tears by the end of the night.

2. Carrie Underwood (September 22nd Bridgestone Arena)

Carrie Underwood’s voice is like getting a puppy on Christmas morning. PERFECTION.

3. James Bay (September 23-24th Ryman Auditorium)

Ladies, do I have to say anything else? It’s James Bay.

4. Beyoncé (October 2nd Nissan Stadium)

Y’ALL, Queen B herself is coming to town!!! Grab a glass of lemonade and buy yourself a ticket to the show that will probably change your life.

5. Two Door Cinema Club (October 3rd Marathon Music Works)

If you’re looking for new alternative music to listen to, this band is unbelievable live. Thank me later.

6. Chris Stapleton (October 14-15th Ascend Amphitheater)

A night with one of the best songwriters on this planet? Sign me up!

7. The Head and the Heart (October 15-16th  Ryman Auditorium)

Oh boy. Bring the tissues. What is better than the sound of The Head and The Heart echoing in perfect acoustics at the Ryman? Nothing. Nothing is better.

8. The 1975 (November 21st Nashville Municipal Auditorium)

If you feel like dancing like no one’s watching, The 1975’s show will be the perfect scene for you.  

I am a freshman music business major, like the majority of Belmont, from the Chicago land area. Like most people, I fell in love with Nashville's music, coffee shops, and obviously all the wall murals. I am a firm believer that one day I will marry Jim Halpert, but until that day, I will wait patiently and keep re-watching The Office. I believe that in an another life time, Amy Poehler and I would be the best of friends. I would hold out hope for this life time, but I am just waiting for her to respond to my emails. Life is good--remember that.