This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Since I moved to Nashville in August of 2017, I’ve been amazed at the sheer number of concerts happening every single week. I’m from Boise, Idaho, which is not exactly at the top of the list of places artists tend to go on tour. In Music City, though, I can see bands I would have never normally been able to see. I’ve been able to go watch LANY, 5 Seconds of Summer, The Wonder Years, Hunter Hayes and most recently, on October 25, I saw EDEN and Sasha Sloan at Marathon Music Works.

I’ve been to a fair number of impressive shows in the last year or so, and EDEN was just as jaw-dropping, but in a way I’d never seen before. 

It was easy getting into the venue and finding our spot in the crowd, and after about thirty minutes, we started to smell some good food. At the back of the room, a vendor was selling tacos for $3 each. After trying one, I have to say, SATCO has some serious competition. Between the tacos and the lively conversation with other concert-goers, all mostly high school or college students, it was hard to believe we had already been waiting for an hour and a half. 

Sasha Sloan took the stage first, and although I’d never heard her music before, I was impressed with her effortless voice and stage presence. Throughout the show, she would hit the Juul she kept in the waistband of her pants, prompting cheers and random clouds of smoke from the audience. She only played a few songs, but she was so good, I almost wanted an encore. A fair number of people left the venue after her set, but the rest of the crowd packed in to see EDEN perform. 

After an hour, EDEN appeared, and took Sasha’s Juul clouds to the next level with fog machines. The stage was thick with smoke, and the lights, which were directed out towards the audience, turned EDEN and his band into silhouettes for most of the show. Surrounding them were a number of light poles set up on stage, which turned the show into something I had never seen before, but was beyond excited to be experiencing. Most of his songs were from his newest album, Vertigo, but he threw a few old fan favorites into the mix, which truly hyped up the crowd. 

Overall, the experience was timeless. It didn’t feel like I had been standing in the venue for four and a half hours by the time we left, and both Sasha and EDEN definitely left me​, and the crowd, mesmerized.

It’s only been a day, but I’ve been listening to both Sasha’s sad girl EP and EDEN’s Vertigo on repeat, trying to recreate an experience that can never be fully recreated.  

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram