This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

This past week was the annual Up Til Dawn event to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital! Leading up to this event, the team had several rallies and fundraisers to get people hyped up for St. Jude, saying “Do it for the kids”. Many of these events had a lot of hype and a lot of people excited to stay up til dawn.

At the event there was a travel theme where we had hostesses directing us in our plane seats where we were taking off on a St. Jude journey. We saw videos about St. Jude and the kids at St. Jude. There was music and dancing. They had an area where we could put puzzles together. There were popcorn and treats. They had a photo booth set up with several backgrounds for the perfect photo. They had large inflatables, including a large set up for skeet ball, to play on. We could play a small version of Wipe Out. There was also a large inflatable dartboard that people could kick a soccer ball at and score points.

People could also go into the Vince Gill Room and dance with Silent Disco. If you don’t know what silent disco is, you put on special headphones with different color lights and can switch songs depending on what you want to listen to. You can be with a large group of people and can all be listening and singing along to the song of your choice! It’s a lot of fun. When this was announced, people cheered and were really excited. Most people ran to this event first. There was pop, Disney throwback, musical, and hip hop music.

Another wonderful thing that the Up Til Dawn crew did was have different challenges throughout the event. They put us into teams based on a colored bracelet that we wore and had us compete in different challenges. There was Hungry Hungry Hippo, Minute to Win It, and a large dodge ball game. There was also a hip hop class that had been offered during the second half of the night. We had pizza and donuts. Overall, it was a fun and amazing night that raised over $134,000 for St. Jude. It’s all about the kids, but we also got an unforgettable adventure too where we traveled the world all in one night.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

I'm a Senior Motion Pictures Major Video Production Minor from Belmont University. I'm also the President of SPEW at BU (The Harry Potter Alliance), the Initiation Committee for Omicron Delta Kappa, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and a member of Board Game Society. I'm also a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I love to read, paint, and dance. I'm creative, determined, and excited!!!