This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Reynna Nelson 

Hometown: Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Year: Sophomore 

Major: Marketing 

Role at Her Campus: Social Media Director 

What is your favorite genre? 

I listen to a really wide variety of genres so it’s kind of hard to pick just one. I really just like a good song that’s catchy with good lyrics. However, I have grown up listening to a lot of oldies music so that has always been a genre I tend to listen to a lot! I also really the indie/folk vibe. 

What types of songs are on your top 20 list?

There’s a wide variety, but really like to pay attention to the lyrics, so I love songs like Tiny Dancer by Elton John (Classic) and Everybody Lost Somebody by Bleachers. 

How has your music tastes changed over the years?

I have definitly become more diverse with my music taste. For periods of time, I would tend to stick with one genre, but now I just listen to anything that’s a bop. I really like anything that you can sing in the car to. 

Describe the best concert that you’ve ever been to:

The best concert I’ve ever been to is hands down Mumford and Sons. I just saw them a couple of weeks ago and they are my favorite band of all time! It was a life changing experience. It was everything I could have wanted and more. :) 

What do you listen to when you drive?

I like to listen to anything that I can sing along to! I usually just put my playlist on shuffle and listen to the songs that hype me up.

What do you like to listen to when you study?

It depends what kind of studying im doing. If i am studying for a test, I will listen to instrumental music or film scores. If it’s just homework, I’ll just put one of my normal playlists on shuffle or some quiet music. 

What was the first concert you remember going to?

My first concert was Jason Aldean at Summerfest when I was in 8th grade. It was great because he was one of my favorite artists at the time because I was going through a major country phase. 

If you could meet any artist for coffee, who would it be and why?

I would want to meet Marcus Mumford because he is quite literally the most talented man on earth. He voice is angelic and he also seems really relatable from what I have seen of him live! 

What upcoming album/new release/new band has you excited?  

I’m excited for AJR’s new album that’s coming out in April. I just started listening to them within the past year and they have a lot of great songs. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.