This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

One thing I have learned from living in Nashville is that the weather is unpredictable. We aren’t even a month into school and we have already had 2 snow days! I grew up in the Midwest and have had my fair share of these magical snowy days growing up, so when classes are canceled for the day I know what I like to do. In hopes that we see a little more snow this year, here is a list of essential things needed to make a snow day pretty perfect.

Pajamas. You have nothing to do and no one to see. Why not be comfortable on your day in?

A Cuddly Blanket. If it’s 0 degrees outside, it’s bound to be cold inside as well. Whether you’re just chilling on your couch or taking a nice long nap, it’s always good to have a warm blanket nearby.

A Hot Beverage. Whether you like coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, during the winter months it’s always a good idea to have something warm to drink on hand. A cute mug with your favorite hot drink pairs very nicely with your pjs and blanket.

Cookies (or some other snack). I always keep cookie dough or brownie mix on hand. It’s your day off. Treat yourself! Who doesn’t love a warm cookie on a snowy day?

A Book/Movie. Snow days are perfect for catching up on reading and movie watching. Do you have a book you’ve been dying to read or a moving you’ve been waiting to watch? Now is the time.

Face Masks, Nail Polish, and Bath Bombs. It’s not everyday that you have a WHOLE day where everything has been canceled. Take the opportunity to pamper yourself a little.

Snow days are the best days! Next time the streets are covered in snow and you’ve got no place to go, keep those pjs on, snuggle up, and treat yourself to a day of relaxation and fun!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Kaylinn is a Corporate Communication major at Belmont University located in Nashville, Tennessee. She loves shopping, watching reality tv, and eating pizza. She likes talking politics, but can also hold an equally compelling conversation about the Kardashians. She dreams of traveling the world and living in Italy with her little sister.