Profile: Kira Scheid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

I wanted to know more about what really goes on in the lives of our music business majors, so I interviewed Kira Scheid, a California native, about what exactly she’s getting out of her Belmont education. Kira is a sophomore and has been passionate about the music and radio industry since high school. She is a member of Bear House Writer Management and Grammy U.

Why did you choose Belmont?

I wanted to get out of California, I wanted a good music business program, and one of my friends from my hometown went to Belmont and loved it. Also, my mom is an avid House Hunters viewer and I thought Nashville looked pretty cool from that show. I had offers to play soccer for other schools, but studying music business and coming to Nashville was more important to me.

What’s your favorite thing to do in Nashville?

I love going to punk and metal concerts.

What are some of the best concerts you’ve been to in Nashville?

Prevail put on a great show last year and I saw Movements on their headliner. Mom Jeans was another one of my favorites.

What do you like about majoring in music business?

Everything about it! It’s just great. It’s a really fun major and you get to go to concerts for free.

How have you applied your major to real life?

I ran the non-profit tents on Vans Warped Tour this past summer. I worked closely with the non-profits and I got to work with a lot of bands, which led me to meeting really cool people. I ended up making some great friends.

What do you want to do when you graduate?

I want to go into A&R or publishing or work in the live events sector.

Tell me a little more about Bear House Writer Management. What do you do with that organization?

I schedule events, including writers’ rounds, and I manage all the songwriters.

Do you guys have any cool events coming up?

We have a writer’s round November 7 at Curb Cafe, then we have another one at Just Love Coffee on Music Row on November 11.

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to get involved with Bear House?

Make sure you have a good resume, and just apply! It’s a lot of work, but it’s really fun.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram.

Tessa Loftis is a sophomore business management major and French minor at Belmont University. She loves fashion and beauty, but prefers to write about current events and feminist issues. Tessa's passion for social justice drives her to educate others on international injustice, as well as local news. Her favorite TV shows of all time are Parks and Rec and Stranger Things. She loves skincare, especially face masks, and she always buys more lipstick than she can use. Her beauty role models are Margot Robbie and Taylor Swift.