courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Profile: Ansley Reed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Ansley Reed

Hometown: LaGrange, Georgia (about an hour from Atlanta)

Major:  Music business, with an emphasis in business. 

Graduation Date: May 2020

Involvement: I work at the FitRec, and I am also looking to get involved with Delight Ministries, Women in Entertainment, and Greek Life! I also have an amazing opportunity to study abroad in the Bahamas on a cruise ship in May! 

What do you want to do with music business? I’m not really sure! The music industry is so huge that if I come into it with an open mind, I can try out different positions until I find one that makes me happy. I plan to narrow down the different positions through internships and then find a company I love and go from there. 

Favorite part about Belmont? I love the connections that Belmont can bring during school and even post-grad. Belmont has a great reputation not only in Music City, but even around the country. If recruiters see Belmont on your resume, it will get you noticed.  

How have you found your experience transferring universities? I think Belmont does a pretty great job with the process of transferring. I came from a small college in Columbus, Georgia, and even though I came to Belmont as a junior, I feel like I fit in. I don’t feel like the “odd man out” and I felt prepared for the first day of class. I think part of that was Towering Traditions (TT) week: I made a few friends, and my leaders were there if I needed anything. It felt like I was being treated as a freshman but in the best way possible. 

Why did you decide to major in music business? When I first started thinking about college, I actually thought I made music business up! I just went around telling people that’s what I wanted to do and hoped it was a real thing. I actually wanted to major in marine biology for a while, but I didn’t want to deal with all the bio classes, and I grew up in a very musical family, so music just attracted me.                                                                                                                                     

What made you choose Belmont? My old piano teacher actually introduced me to Belmont, and I toured it during the summer after my freshman year at Columbus State. I think it was Summer 2017. I just fell in love with the program, location, and opportunities! 

Favorite memory from this year?  Oh, gosh, that’s so hard. Probably meeting the group of friends I have now, getting an “A” in my Survey of Music Business class because I really didn’t think I was going to, and most importantly, concerts! I’ve been to 5 Seconds of Summer, Jessie Reyez, Noah Cyrus, and a few local bands, which I loved! 

Favorite bands/artists: Obviously 5SOS, Niall Horan, Billie Eilish, Noah Cyrus, Luke Combs, Jon Pardi, and Jessie Reyez.  Oh, also One Direction, but I can’t listen to them much anymore because I get too emo. 

(Jessie Reyez Concert) 

What do you like most about living in Nashville? I really love how everything is so close. I feels like a small town but with a big city vibe and view. There are so many cool local things like Bongo Java, Frothy Monkey, and Amelia’s Flower Truck, but you also have things like Nissan Stadium and The Ryman. It has a local feel and it doesn’t really feel like a city. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Rachel Smith

Belmont '21

Hi everyone, my name is Rache!l I am a college blogger over at www.carouselofrachel.wordpress.com and I am passionate about Jesus, iced coffee and digital media. I attend Belmont University in Nashville, TN studying Entertainment Industry Studies + Hospitality Management! I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority and the Vice President of Membership for Women in Entertainment. I love traveling, pro wrestling, reading, and history,